• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Don't panic. This happens every year.

Jeremy Igo

I still think this is a good football team. Honestly, my optimism hasn't dropped much. If we stole a win last week, then we let one slip away this week, so flip the outcomes and the record is the same. Have to be careful not to make snap judgements week to week about this, or any team.

The defense is much more of a work in progress than I expected. I don't know if it's all the coaching attrition, the roster turnover, or maybe veteran players losing a step, but something is just off there. I still see that suffocating Panther's defense for a drive or two a game, but overall we're giving up too many yards on the ground and haven't been good in the red zone. What I do know is that Ron has always gotten this defense playing better as the season goes along.

Assuming that happens, then this offense definitely has the juice to finally take this team on a deep playoff run. Talent wise, especially if Olen can finish out the season the way he looked today, we are fuging loaded. The problem is the offense only had three drives in the second half because the fuging defense couldn't get off the field. Ron will fix it though, he always has, with a much lower talent level in the secondary than we have now.

Archived