• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question for people blaming Cam

BunchesofFunchess

2 hours ago, heel31ok said:

it took too long to realize we had more than one or two targets...we need to be throwing it all over the field and let CJ take pressure off  CMC in running game...

he only 'realized' that when we went into the hurry up. i feel like cam is a quick twitch athlete and when he's made to overthink it with a slow pace, he loses focus or something is off with his reads. as soon as that hurry up offense kicks in, he is shooting lasers all over the field, hitting every receiver.

we need to be running a faster offense.

Just now, Billy_T said:

How does play calling ability dovetail with this?

when we run the no huddle, cam has time to audible at the line based on what he sees, adjust protections, call hot routes, etc. when we line up with 5 seconds on the clock because we're running our 'ball control' offense, he just has to snap it with what he's got, which is why i think torrey and funches are most often blanketed.

3 hours ago, mjligon said:

Yeah like he missed two throws (a Funchess drop and Olsen's almost catch) up until that final drive.

but yeah totally bring out the pitchforks because CAM CANT WIN US DAT DERE GAMEEEE HERPPPDERRPPP!!!111111!!!

A derrrpa herrrrp Rivera done punted on 4th down in hims own turritury in a 0-0 game in da 1st quarter. Rivera's Fault!!! Derrrpa derkkkka DERRRRRRRRR!!!!!

15 minutes ago, Billy_T said:

Any thoughts on why Riverboat doesn't run more no-huddle?

stubbornness is my guess. i think he wants to run a ball control offense at all costs. google jim bob cooter posted a tweet last week about how rivera would rather run for 200 yards and lose than pass for 400 yards and win. that struck me as accurate. he is too old school offensively.

51 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

The way this team is playing Cam has to be perfect on every freaking possession. 

This

And this is the way it has been since Rivera has been here. 

Fowler wrote a piece in the observer this pm that is spot on

there have been plenty of years that other QBs had to do this as well. The difference is for Newton it is EVERY year 

Archived