• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question for people blaming Cam

BunchesofFunchess

Not blaming Cam for the lose.  Lots contributed to it today.  But those last three plays were horrible.  For me especially the 3rd down play.   I get the shot on second  down but from there the focus has to be just get the first down and four more shots.  Instead Cam doesn’t look through his reads, doesn’t see or notice a LB on Olsen and takes another shot in the end zone.  That’s on Cam.  It’s ok to still like Cam but admit how bad those last three plays were.  

It's the classic Cam or nothing game. It's happened many times, and usually Cam pulls it out. When he doesn't we have users coming out of the woodwork, like the cockaroaches they are, to bash him and suggest that it's time to find a new quarterback.

1 hour ago, grateflday said:

Not blaming Cam for the lose.  Lots contributed to it today.  But those last three plays were horrible.  For me especially the 3rd down play.   I get the shot on second  down but from there the focus has to be just get the first down and four more shots.  Instead Cam doesn’t look through his reads, doesn’t see or notice a LB on Olsen and takes another shot in the end zone.  That’s on Cam.  It’s ok to still like Cam but admit how bad those last three plays were.  

Agreed

It's been said plenty of times that quarterbacks always get more credit than they deserve and more blame than they should. Newton is no different.

Cam does have to bear some of the blame for this loss. So does Luke, Olsen, Davis, McCaffrey, Short, Poe, the O line (Chris Clark in particular), the coaching staff, the waterboys... pretty much everybody but the inactives (though maybe they could have cheered harder).

In more than 45 years of watching, I've never seen a mistake free football game, not even in blowout wins.

2 hours ago, nosuchthingasapanther said:

let's light this thread on fire.

alex smith would have won the game if he was in the same position.

he does not having 2 players advocating to bring in cuppercake. forget cam having NO TIME...he is not looking over his shoulder for sorry owner trying to give the middle finger to middle America and trump...just saying

snyder fought against a name change for the pc groups of America....team chemistry and feeling secure...makes the feeling making big plays less important...just a another way of looking at things

24 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

It's the classic Cam or nothing game. It's happened many times, and usually Cam pulls it out. When he doesn't we have users coming out of the woodwork, like the cockaroaches they are, to bash him and suggest that it's time to find a new quarterback.

I think more times than not Cam gets this win.   Thought the last three plays were shitty and on him but it happens.   

He played a great game otherwise and the turnovers that cost us the win were not related to the QB. No point in hating on him. A lesser QB would not have gotten us in that position in the first place.  

Just now, bull123 said:

Agreed...but I want better...if we are going to win championships, we have to know the situation and play to it

you think Brees would have scored in that situation?

this may come of a surprise to you, but Drew Brees type QBs don't just grow on trees you idiot.

7 minutes ago, mjligon said:

this may come of a surprise to you, but Drew Brees type QBs don't just grow on trees you idiot.

you realize NO put their money and drafts, in offense and their defense sucked for years? We try to go defense and at best balance offense and defense in draft and FA market...lets take in the WHOLE picture...same with ATL. Bucs were def orientated and where are they now? As long as you can score, you ALWAYS have a chance to win. Hoping your defense holds up in critical games...guess you like hope over scoring...

Archived