• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hey Wayne, you are an idiot.

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

Genuinely curious who these huge black starting QBs are you are talking about.

The names Teddy Bridgewater, RGIII, Tyrod Taylor, Russell Wilson, Lamar Jackson, Mike Vick etc etc aren't exactly "huge" QBs.

Cam is a unicorn when it comes to the QB position. It will probably be a long time before there is anyone to come close to his physical abilities and playing QB at a high level.

Almost all of those quarterbacks you named are athletic.  Once again, you f*cking people are leaving out half of the intent of my statement.  Cousins is not athletic and could not play in our offense.  There are like 3 athletic white QBs in the history of the league.  There are dozens of athletic black QBs.  You guys have got some seriously thick skulls.

13 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

It's literally disgusting that you eat mayo at any point before 11:30 AM.  

You're also taking my post way out of context and getting triggered over nothing.  Read my other posts in this thread.  If you still think this is "spit out mayo" worthy, then you're A: stupid, B: free to have your own stupid opinion.

you misunderstand me, i spit out my mayo in support

8 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Almost all of those quarterbacks you named are athletic.  Once again, you f*cking people are leaving out half of the intent of my statement.  Cousins is not athletic and could not play in our offense.  There are like 3 athletic white QBs in the history of the league.  There are dozens of athletic black QBs.  You guys have got some seriously thick skulls.

So to play in our offense, a QB needs to athletic and huge? Or just athletic? Or just huge?

Guys like Deshaun Watson and Dak Prescott are pretty much right in the middle when it comes to QB sizes in the NFL at around 6-2 and 220-230.

Guys like Tyrod Taylor and Lamar Jackson, at 6-1 and around 210 are smaller than average.

Then you have bigger guys who don't fit the "athletic" bill like Phillip Rivers (6-5/230), Andrew Luck (6-4/240), Ben Roethlisberger (6-5/240).

None of the above are "mold" breakers, no matter the color of their skin.

The only "mold" breaker in the QB bunch is Cam and it has nothing to do with the color of his skin.

2 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

So to play in our offense, a QB needs to athletic and huge? Or just athletic? Or just huge?

Preferably a bit of both, but most certainly athletic.  A skillset that all of the white QBs in the NFL right now, save two or three, lack.

Have we come full circle, or are you going to continue to intentionally take things out of context and try to make this into something racist?

2 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Guys like Deshaun Watson and Dak Prescott are pretty much right in the middle when it comes to QB sizes in the NFL at around 6-2 and 220-230.

Guys like Tyrod Taylor and Lamar Jackson, at 6-1 and around 210 are smaller than average.

Then you have bigger guys who don't fit the "athletic" bill like Phillip Rivers (6-5/230), Andrew Luck (6-4/240), Ben Roethlisberger (6-5/240).

None of the above are "mold" breakers, no matter the color of their skin.

The only "mold" breaker in the QB bunch is Cam and it has nothing to do with the color of his skin.

Yet all of the black QBs you named would be better in our offense than any of the white QBs you named... because of their overall athletic ability.

47 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Not intending to make anyone butthurt.  Just looking at the players that are "typical" for the demographic.  CMC is an exceedingly rare case.  I'm simply stating that on average, black QBs are much larger than white QBs, and are much, much more athletic.  You're nuts if you think the Rodgers and Bradys of the world can absorb the punishment that Cam Newton does.

It's not a knock against white QBs.  It's just that in our specific offense, there are very few white QBs out there that would be successful.  Don't get triggered over nothing.

Cam Newton is an anamolly for his size in general. Has nothing to do with him being black and white QBs being fragile. 

23 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Cousins - 226 pass attempts, 11 TDs, 4.9% TD percentage

Newton - 130 pass attempts, 7 TDs, 5.4% TD percentage

Cousins - zero rushing TDS

Newton - 3 rushing TDs

Cousins - 2 interceptions, 5 fumbles

Newton - 3 "interceptions", 2 fumbles

Cousins - #1 WR Stefon Diggs

Newton - #1 WR Devin Funchess

Herkadurka, indeed.

Kinda sucks too that at least two of those ints were not his fault. 

Archived