• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lighten Up....

Jeremy Igo

5 hours ago, Shocker said:

Being 3-1 and not having played a complete game by any means is a great sign.  

That's kinda a back handed compliment, like saying "she's real cute, for a fat girl", but I agree. We have yet to hit our stride. My biggest fear, on offense, was that we'd be changing so much that we'd lose too many at the beginning and have to play catch up come December. So far, so good! Once Cam starts jiving with Samuel and DJ, watch the fug out!

5 hours ago, Shocker said:

Being 3-1 and not having played a complete game by any means is a great sign.  

This cannot be overstated

5 hours ago, London Loves Luke said:

Under Rivera we always finish a season stronger than we start it: 

First 8 games Last 8 games
  W L % W L %
2011 2 6 0.25 4 4 0.5
2012 2 6 0.25 5 3 0.625
2013 3 5 0.375 7 1 0.875
2014 3 5 0.375 4 4 0.5
2015 8 0 1 7 1 0.875
2016 3 5 0.375 4 4 0.5
2017 5 3 0.625 6 2 0.75
  26 30 Win 46% 37 19 Win 66%

We're really well placed 

The only exception was our 15-1 year :) ill take another one of those

1 hour ago, Ted Ginn Jr.'s Hands said:

The falcons are 1-4.  The NFC South looks like a 2-horse race this year as opposed to a 3 horse race last year.

We may be the cream of the crop in the NFC/NFCSouth. The Saints have yet to play the toughest part of their schedule. Any or all of their next 6 opponents could kick their teeth in. Thus far they've played the Bucs (and lost), the Browns (and almost lost), the Falcons (and almost lost), the Giants and the Redskins. All of those teams are scrappy, but they all aren't considered to be top contenders this year. 

Granted, one of the teams that the Saints beat has beat the Panthers, another one almost beat us. But that should show us how evenly matched we are with the Saints. We will split with them this year, and it wouldn't surprise me (though I'll be enraged if it comes to pass this way) that the Saints surprise us at home to open our series. But if that happens, I can almost guarantee we are coming for blood in week 17 and will win. 

It may be a two horse race, but I think the black and blue horse will outrun the black and gold one, even in the next 6 weeks. Not to mention they have to face us in Carolina, the Steelers in Pittsburgh, and us in New Orleans to close their season. That's absolutely brutal.

We play the Falcons in a contest that will probably see them demoralized and us out for blood for the Week 2 loss.

I'm tired af and rambling so I'll quit. Long story short, fug the Saints and #KeepfugingPounding

48 minutes ago, bigdavis said:

I'm confused.  How could you be a former "Huddler of the Year" and be banned twice?  Oh, I see... maybe it's something to do with filing a complaint on the ONE thread that's designed to be light-hearted and optimistic.  Poor timing?

Cheers!

Bro I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve been banned/suspended in my 10+ years of posting here. I at least know to not take it personally. A few times I’m sure I probably deserved it. 

I just thought it was odd I was temp banned for making a couple jokes that were only offensive to snowflakes and didn’t personally attack anyone. Not to mention the mod who banned me made a politically charged thread that was disruptive and created to troll people. Weird. 

I’m often attacked here by other posters, many times it’s some right wing nutjob who takes offense to me calling out their racist opinions and delusional, anti-American point of view. 

And since you seem to care, I was also poster of the year in 2012 and 2010. 

Cheers!

Every year someone has to set the attitude for the team. This year it's our o-line getting the job done, fully giving us that don't quit, we got this, lunch pail spirit. :hearteyes: It's rubbing off on everyone. And, until our D gets up to speed, it is the fight in the trenches that we are winning. That's where it all starts.

Oh, and, I think we should introduce Special Teams every time. 

7 hours ago, bigdavis said:

That's the kind of positive thinking we need more of. 

Sunday was a miracle win, the likes of which they make movies about.  But instead of basking in the glow of a result that may well make the difference -- come the end of the season -- in our playoff future, we get all manner of armchair QB, amateur GM complaints.

I know there's always ways to improve, and it was far from a pretty win, but damn!  My first reaction is

JOY, not criticism.

Amazing, heart-stopping win, Yes.  Miracle No.  Gano is a Pro Bowl kicker and did what he gets paid to do.  Make the easy ones and also make the hard ones.

Gano probably has one of the strongest legs in the league.  His kicking out for endzone through the air is a sample of that strength.   The guy is a capable of kicking 60+ fields goals if given the opportunity.  

I do agree with the rest.  So many people sit back and make uneducated comments because of what they feel should happen in a game.  

As they say "it is hard to get a Win in the NFL"  They play 60 minutes and whoever has the most points at the end wins.   No where does it say you get less respect if you almost lose a game.   Just as you don't get more respect if you almost win.    The only ones that focus on that are the ESPNs, NFLN , FOX and other outlets that need something to talk about. 

As the famous Al Davis used to say "Just Win Baby"

I’ve been on this board since 2007 when it was Panthers Huddle and all of the complaining and whining has gotten so bad that I full on considered deleting my account and never getting back on here. Thank you for posting this @Jeremy Igo!

Get a grip people! This is the NFL...rarely do you just beat the crap out of teams. We are winning games. Enjoy it!

I do think we lost that same SB for the exact reason(s) discussed though(which just promotes and solidifies what we're saying/been saying and also the JR situation and many more but w/e)....lol

I think this thread was an actual low key diss/agreement. Slick rick over here.

At any rate the team usually plays better later in the season and we have WRs and either a good OL now or an overachieving one. Whatever as long as they keep Cam upright.

Archived