• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Upon further review...

Jeremy Igo

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hard to say.

Ron Rivera's first press conference made him look like an ultra-aggressive guy (Brooklyn Decker said she was afraid of him after watching it) but we all know he didn't turn out that way.

We had similar preseason expectations of Eric Washington. Jury's still out on him but it could end up being a similar situation.

Oh, trust me, I'm not holding my breath.

27 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

What makes you think that's going to change?

Not saying it will but I can recall 3 no calls from the giants game alone that would have been easy sacks / TFL.

If a team starts the day seeing how much they can get away with and realize the zebras are not calling anything, it’s going to make for a long day for our D line.

2 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

Not saying it will but I can recall 3 no calls from the giants game alone that would have been easy sacks / TFL.

If a team starts the day seeing how much they can get away with and realize the zebras are not calling anything, it’s going to make for a long day for our D line.

Our defensive line has been having long days anyway.

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

- Donte Jackson is looking good, but still a rookie. They took advantage of his inexperience on a few plays. This one stood out to me. Jackson clearly in man coverage, his guy loses him in the crowd. In time I feel Jackson will be our best corner. 

giphy.gif

Very disappointing Jackson did not get to man up on obj. He is perfect for that match-up. 

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Rewatched the game on NFL Gamepass coach's film, concentrated on the defense. Here are my takeaways after watching much more closely. 

- The lack of pressure was for the most part due to the quick throws. Plenty of times our guys would have got there if the ball wasn't out within a couple seconds. 

- OBJ and Shepard are the perfect receiving duos for the dink and dunk offense the Giants run. So many damn short passes. 

- Poe is out playing Short, and it isn't very close. KK needs to pick his game up. 

- Peppers looks pretty damn good as am occasional 3 tech on passing downs

- I don't know why Munnerlyn is starting over Corn. Captain was a liability out there. At least use the guy with fresh legs. 

- Donte Jackson is looking good, but still a rookie. They took advantage of his inexperience on a few plays. This one stood out to me. Jackson clearly in man coverage, his guy loses him in the crowd. In time I feel Jackson will be our best corner. 

giphy.gif

Not like this is a new approach for playing the Panthers

its not like playing 10 yards off the receivers discouraged this

its not like in 8 years Rivera’s defense has been able to handle it

8 years and he STILL cannot oversee on field adjustments nor does this new DC inspire confidence 

its just the same poo, different year. Can’t even say ‘well, we aren’t Cleveland ‘ anymore 

oh yeah, though this is defense, going into a shell in second qtr 

Im sure someone posted from a media outlet on twitter that the soft coverage was just for preseason and it wouldn't be used that much this year in the regular season.

I mean and zone doesn't give up big plays? Cause I see plenty deep passes given up just like Ginn td in plays offs. Nothing has changed.

Seems like they get beat deep n short. lol

Dontari Poe is not outplaying Short.  This kind of reporting should get on everyone's nerves.  Just say Poe is sticking out, but without knowledge of assignments or calls one cannot say that one is blatantly outplaying another.  Short was in on a number of plays Sunday, but yes the d-line is not generating the pressure we need since the Dallas game.  I wonder who the new player will be that everyone turns on tomorrow.  

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Yeah, but against the Giants what can you do. If Eli and OBJ are meshing you don't want to press and risk a huge play. Pick your poison and hope for a turnover.

Unfortunately, we failed against both types of passes in the second half.  And got burned by Russell Sheppard on the last drive.  That last catch was a better catch than he made all last season.  

3 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Unfortunately, we failed against both types of passes in the second half.  And got burned by Russell Sheppard on the last drive.  That last catch was a better catch than he made all last season.  

That just burns,..

burned by Russell Sheppard,.

shame,..

shame,..

shame,..

shame,..

Archived