• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Upon further review...

Jeremy Igo

They were hitting on those skinny posts all day. It looked like Washington was coaching the corners to force them inside and they were perfectly fine playing it that way.

Hard to complain though - Eli Manning has two rings and OBJ is the best receiver in the league. They were always going to feast.

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Off topic, has there been any video to surface yet showing the supposed penalty for holding/illegal contact where the refs decided to pick up the flag?  That was a pivotal no-call.

I was at the game and the ball was tipped at the line of scrimmage. I think the illegal contact was away from the intended receiver. Thus, the flag was thrown even though the ball was in the air. However, when the official that threw the flag was told that the ball was tipped at the LOS the flag was picked up since contact past 5 yards is allowed on a tipped ball.  (I think we are talking about the same play).

Unfortunately, Corn wasn't even active, which blows my mind.  IMO, I think part of the reason we got torched on defense was our corners got tired and overworked, the guys need SOME break, and having only 3 corners severely limits you and even worse puts you at a liability if you need to go into a dime.  Smith active and Corn inactive will never make sense.

6 minutes ago, BombzAway said:

KK has been a little quiet. Not sure that it has anything to do with his play but he seems to have added a little weight coming into this season. We need all the help we can get up front and soon.

Addison and Short should be our two best DL and they've been largely invisible since Week One.

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Yeah, but against the Giants what can you do. If Eli and OBJ are meshing you don't want to press and risk a huge play. Pick your poison and hope for a turnover.

We gave up big plays away so yea you do want to press and put a S over OBJ.

Running this type of defense is even more absurd when you take measure of the two other offenses in the damn division we play against. If anything our defense should be specifically tailored to stop the short passes with a fast S middle fielder.

You're not going to get pressure in two seconds but you can increase that 2 seconds out more if you don't have wide open easy targets because there is no CB in the frame. What would be a risk would be them throwing the ball quickly to a pressed WR and having it get tipped or popped up into the air, or the QB having to hold onto the ball allowed the rush to get there.

Saints beat us 3X in a row and will do so again if we are playing so far off the LOS. We have never got consistent pressure on Brees specifically and he'll get rid of the ball and have a quick option no matter what so....unless we are looking for #4 in a row something has to change.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I just hope that once Eric Reid gets up to speed and we can put two NFL caliber safeties on the field that it'll give us the confidence to let pure CBs actually play up closer to the LOS.

Hard to say.

Ron Rivera's first press conference made him look like an ultra-aggressive guy (Brooklyn Decker said she was afraid of him after watching it) but we all know he didn't turn out that way.

We had similar preseason expectations of Eric Washington. Jury's still out on him but it could end up being a similar situation.

Archived