• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone else bothered by this NFL Gameday Morning Commercial?

fitty76

13 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Why did the NFL have to throw dad under the bus... his “mom” could easily tell him to shut up

Well we've already got the ad with Raider mom basically shutting down the kid's lemonade stand they clearly worked hard to set up and run on a nice afternoon.  Only to force their asses inside to sit on the couch and watch the Raiders get rekt.  That's damn near child abuse. 

I can laugh at it all the way to the end but the end hits a reflection of me telling my own kid to shush before they can get whatever they are trying to say out. As it goes they should not have had the kid say I love u but something meaningless. Thats when the morale factor starts to kick in....They tried too hard right there!

I have shushed my kid during a game, but only during an actual play.

I remember going to a game (Detroit 2008) and he talked incessantly,  He was about 8 at the time and asked me a nonstop stream of questions for about the entire first qtr.  Generally speaking questions are a good thing.  But I could tell the people around me were getting annoyed, so I finally said no questions during the play.  He did slow down a bit.  :)

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

Well we've already got the ad with Raider mom basically shutting down the kid's lemonade stand they clearly worked hard to set up and run on a nice afternoon.  Only to force their asses inside to sit on the couch and watch the Raiders get rekt.  That's damn near child abuse. 

I could argue letting your children be Raider fans is child abuse.

I was a football fan and my dad wasn't. If that scene played out in my childhood, I was probably the one saying "shh".

As to the commercial, it's a bit of dark humor, and yeah probably in poor taste. I can chuckle at it from my perspective, but it's fair to ask how does a kid who's actually real life sad because he doesn't get attention from his parents feel when he sees this?

The NFL has been making a lot of effort to be image conscious given the number of people that are taking shots at them. Might not be the wisest thing in the world to give those people ammo.

I get that it sounds ridiculous, but unfortunately that's the world we live in today. 

Wow sandy vaginas 

have some sense of humor for god’s sake. I am only 32 but am seeing the world change like generations before me but in a pussified way and it makes me sad.

soon it’ll be a felony/child abuse to laugh at commercials like this 

findit funny or don’t find it funny or even distasteful and it’s all good to me. But to be legitimately offended? Holy poo

Archived