• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone else bothered by this NFL Gameday Morning Commercial?

fitty76

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

I was the remote control. In the turn the knob days...lol. 3 feet from TV. And you never knew what might go flying. A shush would have been like a pat on the head. 

Jesus, that sucks. Lucky for me, my Dad was a big reader. I got to watch whatever I want.

11 minutes ago, PanthersBigD said:

That's what I was thinking. Most people don't like it because they don't like feeling guilty about shushing their own kids or their parents shushed them as kids. I don't judge you. I think it's perfectly fine to shush kids when you're trying to watch something. I mean, unless they're trying to tell you the house is on fire. 

You would be a type of dad that would shush your child after he/she said "I Love You" because that is what happened in the video if you would have listened to it.

Just now, rbsponsel52 said:

You would be a type of dad that would shush your child after he/she said "I Love You" because that is what happened in the video if you would have listened to it.

I watched the video. I heard the joke. I got the joke. I laughed. If you get your parenting cues from the NFL Network, then your kids have much bigger problems than you shushing them. 

13 minutes ago, PanthersBigD said:

Jesus, that sucks. Lucky for me, my Dad was a big reader. I got to watch whatever I want.

It was great. My life was perfect and those are some great memories. That was the 70s. In Pittsburgh. This world is wayyyy too sensitive. 

I shocked this is a discussion. It’s a over the top commercial. There’s a TV in the sky. After Michael Irvin “howled”, who in their right mind took anything else seriously? That is 2018 in a nutshell. 

Archived