• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This would be a let down game for Richardson's Panthers... But Tepper's?

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Bartin said:

So Tepper gets the credit if we play well.

Who are we blaming if we play badly? Rivera? The hidden cameras Shula installed in the building before he left?

I've said before, regardless of how this season turns out, I still count this more as the last year of the Richardson era than I do the first year of the Tepper era.

In reality, it's both. But the reason I hand it more to Richardson is that Tepper is still technically doing his day job. And while he's certainly having an effect, I don't really think the full brunt of his influence is going to be felt until we have a full offseason under his ownership.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've said before, regardless of how this season turns out, I still count this more as the last year of the Richardson era than I do the first year of the Tepper era.

In reality, it's both. But the reason I hand it more to Richardson is that Tepper is still technically doing his day job. And while he's certainly having an effect, I don't really think the full brunt of his influence is going to be felt until we have a full offseason under his ownership.

So Richardson it is then.

1 minute ago, Bartin said:

So Richardson it is then.

It's no different than when Gettleman was fired after running the entire offseason.

Everybody in charge on the football side  right now is still a Richardson appointee. Now, could they behave differently under Tepper? I actually expect them to. Pretty much nobody believes Richardson would have gotten behind the signing of Eric Reid.

All that said, just like Hurney last year, David Tepper didn't take over until all the "heavy lifting" was pretty much already finished.

I expect things to be different under Tepper, significantly different. But I still believe that's going to apply a lot more next year than it does this one.

9 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

What I'm warning against is people going into the weekend expecting All Pro performance and then bad mouthing him afterwards if he doesn't live up to those standards.

Wait, would you expect anything else from this place? I thought you said you're going in with low expectations??

He could play a nearly flawless game, shutting everything down for his responsibility, miss one tackle that leads to three yards, instead of two had he made it, and people here will still post bitch threads about how he should be benched/traded/cut within 0.7 seconds of its happening. Scot, you know better than that.. this is the Huddle.

A couple of things are different this year

• the team is older and more mature as a group, it may be why we brought Reid in now- but I dont see this group having a let down
  • Norv's MO is adjusting to what the defense gives us- no more running into a stack line in 4th Q- man, I hate that
  • As many have pointed out- we're getting healthier 
  • I would think the D have a chip on their shoulder after being called out by Riveria
  • The trick to taking any Manning out of the game is to hit him a couple of times- that will happen Sunday and that's when it's Geaux time for our D.  

Archived