• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This would be a let down game for Richardson's Panthers... But Tepper's?

Jeremy Igo

4 hours ago, panthers55 said:

We have won the last 6 games at home and have won the last 3 games after the bye. With Samuel and Turner back this should be an win for sure. With all the players being all in, I don't think Tepper is the driving force, the players are.

Agree and better put than I did. 

We won a lot of games with Jerry as the owner of the Panthers for a fairly young franchise in NFL terms, made two Superbowls and numerous playoff trips. Jacksonville came in the same year and are still trying to make their first. Houston Texans, Cleveland Browns the latest franchises haven't sniff one either.

I look forward to the Tepper era hopefully we can achieve the ultimate success and bring the Lombardi trophy back to the Carolinas.

6 hours ago, bull123 said:

No easy wins ever...giants are desperate for a win

i think Reid makes an positive impact in secondary even in limited snaps

Turner and byrd and sammuel back give us boost as well...

I'd be reeeeeeaal careful about making any judgments of Eric Reid this week. He's new to  the team and hasn't played football in a while. Gotta cut him some slack.

If he looks a little off, it shouldn't be any big deal. If he looks great, gravy.

Frankly, even though they haven't been off as long as Reid, similar sentiments could apply to Turner, Byrd and Samuel.

3 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

Dude, there is literally no chance that Reid, even rusty, is going to be as bad as Colin Jones.    No way.

Maybe not, but that doesn't mean he's going to be at the top of his game either.

I'm going in with low expectations. If he plays average, I'll be happy. If he plays above average to All Pro level, I'll be ecstatic. And if he plays poorly, I'll be patient.

What I'm warning against is people going into the weekend expecting All Pro performance and then bad mouthing him afterwards if he doesn't live up to those standards.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Maybe not, but that doesn't mean he's going to be at the top of his game either.

I'm going in with low expectations. If he plays average, I'll be happy. If he plays above average to All Pro level, I'll be ecstatic. And if he plays poorly, I'll be patient.

What I'm warning against is people going into the weekend expecting All Pro performance and then bad mouthing him afterwards if he doesn't live up to those standards.

Low expectations is the key to happiness. True story.

15 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Given that Rivera literally just commented earlier about how he’d much rather “run the ball out” with a lead than “all that passing” scared the poo out of me for any game we’re gonna have.

To be fair, while Mike Shula probably couldn't have gotten away with saying "Hey Ron, shut up and let me do my job", Norv Turner probably can.

20 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

To be fair, while Mike Shula probably couldn't have gotten away with saying "Hey Ron, shut up and let me do my job", Norv Turner probably can.

Yeah but Norv tends to run the ball with a second half lead too. Maybe when Greg is back on the field, they'll be more willing to take those play action shots when a defense is selling out to stop the run to get the ball back for their offense.

Also, to be fair, we did take a few of those in the second half of that Bengals game. There was a bad throw by Cam, a drop, and a batted ball due to poor protection. Sometimes it just comes down to execution.

33 minutes ago, FugAllY'all said:

Yeah but Norv tends to run the ball with a second half lead too. Maybe when Greg is back on the field, they'll be more willing to take those play action shots when a defense is selling out to stop the run to get the ball back for their offense.

Also, to be fair, we did take a few of those in the second half of that Bengals game. There was a bad throw by Cam, a drop, and a batted ball due to poor protection. Sometimes it just comes down to execution.

Looking beyond some of our previous miscues though, it's legitimately possible to be successful using that approach. You just have to know what you're doing.

When it comes to making those calls, I trust Turner way more than I do Rivera.

Archived