• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eric Reid contract details

Jeremy Igo

8 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

Also remember that Reid has been out of football since January, he isn’t going to be in game shape in 2 weeks. We may not even begin to see him near 100% till week 8-9. He player no preseason, no training camp. No OTA’s. 

Dont expect pro bowl safety play next weekend.

I don't think this system is that hard for DBs honestly, he'll be fine.     I bet he starts next game and is 500x better than Jones immediately lol.

14 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Let him show his stuff. Even though last year should've been enough to prove he needs a solid contract, looks like he'll have to use this year to show that he still has it.

And, best of all, Panthers get to showcase their stuff to him. Hopefully he enjoys playing for us and we get to sign him back on a multi-year deal on a contract he deserves.

gross

7 minutes ago, rodeo said:

if the other thread is accurate he turned down 5 mil with the 49ers to play here

I've seen reports that it was a one year deal.  Haven't seen anything on the value.

The notion that a guy would turn down a 3 million dollar difference to play here is a little hard to imagine.

25 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

Also remember that Reid has been out of football since January, he isn’t going to be in game shape in 2 weeks. We may not even begin to see him near 100% till week 8-9. He player no preseason, no training camp. No OTA’s. 

Also out of football since January:  Chris Clark.

Just like with Clark, we don't need Pro Bowl caliber play.  We just need competent.

29 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

While that may be true, Reid in non-game shape is 100x better than Colin Jones in game shape.

Found out where the five million figure came from.

Reid was hoping for a multi-year deal from San Francisco, but when he didn't get one he let it be known that he'd agree to play on a one year deal matching his previous year's salary of 5.676 million.

The 49ers didn't take him up on it.

No word on what their new offer was but I highly doubt it was significantly different from ours.

Eric Reid willing to take a one year deal at his 2017 salary

37 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

It worked for Calrk at LT , I say this rolls over with Reid at safety. 

Archived