• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurricanes bringing back Whalers look vs Boston

backINblack28

The only individuals who are not going to be too fond of this are Hartford natives; anyone and everyone else loves the logo and the idea. I'll also add that Dundon is a marketing genius (obviously, since he was instrumental in developing Top Golf). Additionally, he seems to have the team on the right track even though he does seem to be a bit of a micro manager. 

Hartford diehards can clamor and complain all they want about how they were such a good hockey town when in fact, statistically, Raleigh has proven to be better. In Hartford's 18 year history they averaged 80% capacity or above in eight seasons. In Carolina's 20 year history they have averaged 80% capacity or above in 11 seasons.

So much for those diehard hockey fans up north.

Go Canes!

That logo got me into hockey when I was very little.  When I found out that team was coming to Raleigh I was ecstatic.  There's obviously been some bad blood from those that loved that team and were pissed at Karmanos, rightfully so.  It won't heal any wounds, in fact it probably pissed those Hartford folks off even more.  I'm glad they're only doing a couple of games. Hopefully it stays that way.  

Archived