• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are the Carolina Panthers now a Superbowl Contender?

Jeremy Igo

13 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

All of a sudden the secondary is a real strength. Paired with an offensive line that is performing well and a rookie tight end that looks like the gem of the draft...

Are the Carolina Panthers contenders?

We need some breaks, we need continued health and a couple guys to return from the IR. Then, maybe just then we have a shot. Gonna make the next few months damned interesting.

We were contenders before, but this may increase our odds, if Reid can return to form. I'm a little concerned with playing him at SS. I know our coaches love his size, but his concussion history and having Adams playing center field concern me. I'd much prefer we stick with Adams at SS and put Reid at FS. And yes, I know we aren't as rigid with SS/FS designations, but it still concerns me. Hopefully, my concerns will turn out to be for naught. 

12 minutes ago, Lumps said:

Lol wow Igo.

only a casual football/Madden fan  believes one single player can turn a dud team into a contender all of a sudden.

truly not comprehending this sport 

I dont know man,.. I hate fantasy football,... and I havent played madden since 1995 in a barracks in Camp Lejeune,..

Until Cam Newton,.. the Panthers had gone to a sum total of 4 playoffs from 1995 until 2010,.. Since Cam Newton we have gone to 4 since 2011,.. He's doubled our playoff appearances and has us there 50% of his years,.

Id say thats a a dud into a solid contender,...after is one player to get that one more game like the Superbowl,..

1 hour ago, JARROD said:

I dont know man,.. I hate fantasy football,... and I havent played madden since 1995 in a barracks in Camp Lejeune,..

Until Cam Newton,.. the Panthers had gone to a sum total of 4 playoffs from 1995 until 2010,.. Since Cam Newton we have gone to 4 since 2011,.. He's doubled our playoff appearances and has us there 50% of his years,.

Id say thats a a dud into a solid contender,...after is one player to get that one more game like the Superbowl,..

I can backtrack and somewhat agree here. But that would only be for the QB position.

A better team will always trump a better position though. Like the Eagles/Vikes of last year for instance.

Archived