• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are the Carolina Panthers now a Superbowl Contender?

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, thefuzz said:

Take off the homer glasses, and think about where we rank in the NFC, and take a look at our division...those are the only things that matter.

Real teams in the NFC:

Rams, Falcons, Saints, Eagles, Panthers, Vikings?

Secondary teams in the NFC:

Skins, Seahawks, Packers, Bucs, Bears?

If I'm being honest with myself, we are likely in the 3-5 range as far as talent...with Minny and the Rams above us, and possibly the Saints and Falcons right there with them.

Now, we do have some really good players coming back from injury/suspension, and I do think that our passing game will continue to get better, however this is an early bye, and the offensive line still is a major worry for me.

I think we have a shot (any given Sunday blah blah blah), but I doubt we will be the betting favorites in any playoff game, save a crazy run through the rest of the season.

You have a great point. If we can get our division I think we will make the SB. Rams dont have experience in the playoffs and I think our team has enough experience to get us past the Rams.

14 minutes ago, ncsfinest21 said:

You have a great point. If we can get our division I think we will make the SB. Rams dont have experience in the playoffs and I think our team has enough experience to get us past the Rams.

At the end of the day, I don't trust our coaching staff to overcome a shootout if one takes place.  That's likely against the Falcons, Saints, and Rams.  Not so much against the Vikes...and possibly could be like that against the Packers.

Ron will watch idly by while Brees/Ryan/Goff march down the field with 2 minutes to go in the 1st half....like always.

28 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

We've shored up a our glaring weaknesses. I'm not going to say that immediately makes us a Super Bowl Contender. I'm not in to the manic fan sway thing. They need to keep improving and have the injury luck thing completely change. 

If Samuel and Olsen come back strong and cmc cam and defense ball out then yes 

Archived