• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are the Carolina Panthers now a Superbowl Contender?

Jeremy Igo

Eric Reid is not Earl Thomas. He lost his starting job last year because he was bad. Y’all need to chill on the overreactions. He made the pro bowl playing behind one of the greatest front 7s of all time like how Coleman was a star for one year. He’s better than Jones for sure but he isn’t some superstar that is all of sudden gonna change games.

1 minute ago, Bartin said:

Eric Reid is not Earl Thomas. He lost his starting job last year because he was bad. Y’all need to chill on the overreactions. He made the pro bowl playing behind one of the greatest front 7s of all time like how Coleman was a star for one year. He’s better than Jones for sure but he isn’t some superstar that is all of sudden gonna change games.

he's not Earl Thomas --- but he's such a massive upgrade at the biggest weakness on our team that he might as well be Troy Polamalu 

2 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Well I guess it's a good thing we have a good front 7 then... And I don't think people are thinking he's a top 5 safety, but rather that they don't have to watch Colin Jones anymore. The talent difference between Jones and Reid is huge 

Look, the Rams, Eagles, and Chiefs are stacked, legitimately. I'd still take one of those three winning it all against the field. However, we can dance with them now, and if the injury luck plays out in our favor as the season goes on, who knows? This moment, right now, is most excited I've been about a Panthers team this early in the season. Ron and Norv better not fug this up.

Archived