• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers sign Eric Reid to a one year deal

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, 1919Eternal said:

What risk?  Seriously?   Are you living in a bubble? 

Idk? Are you? You know why the media is so thirsty over this? Cause people like you get so worked up over it. So, if it becomes a distraction can we blame you?

3 hours ago, t96 said:

The risk is the media hoopla surrounding him becoming a distraction, but I'm confident that Rivera can keep the team focused and that it won't have any impact. We'll see... but I will say Reid looked like I had thought he would before we signed him and my homer goggles came into play--not that good. Hope he'll be better going forward, but either way a big upgrade on Colin Jones.

The distraction thing is played out. These guys can walk and chew gum at the same time.

2 minutes ago, MGH1989 said:

The distraction thing is played out. These guys can walk and chew gum at the same time.

There are teams (particularly, coaches) where this would absolutely become a problem and affect their play on the field. 

28 minutes ago, Riv said:

The only notable thing Reid did all day was before the game.

Not good. 

Disagree. Not hearing a peep about him is, at a minimum, an upgrade from hearing the names of safeties that were getting toasted.

11 hours ago, MGH1989 said:

Idk? Are you? You know why the media is so thirsty over this? Cause people like you get so worked up over it. So, if it becomes a distraction can we blame you?

So you are saying it doesn't matter to you?   That only people that a different view are worked up?  I think that is an obtuse argument.

Personally, I am somewhat ambivalent but I don't think it is a productive way to achieve what he is trying to achieve.   I think it will limit Reid and what he can do in the league, create divisions on the team(whether publicly stated or not) and anger a large portion of the fan base.  He is not in CA where the liberal agenda is widely embraced.  

52 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Hope this guy gets up to speed quickly. His play right now is an even worse blow to his collusion lawsuit than him getting signed. Right now it's looking like protesting has nothing to do with him sitting on the couch so long. He's just not good enough.

I do think he will get better as he gets more snaps.  But so far, he doesn't look any better than the guy he replaced.  

Archived