• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers sign Eric Reid to a one year deal

Jeremy Igo

31 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Where do folks get this "He hasn't played in a year" thingy? Did he not play 13 games last year? I mean, the guy is a 25 year old professional athlete. Do all you folks truly believe he is that out of shape? 

I'm guessing people confuse him with Kap who did actually miss last year. Also, I believe there is a difference between being in shape and being in football shape.  I have no doubt he is in great physical condition but no workouts simulate actually playing football and that is something you hear all the time from players and ex-players. Reid hasn't hit anyone in pads since December.

On 10/5/2018 at 2:35 AM, iamhubby1 said:

Where do folks get this "He hasn't played in a year" thingy? Did he not play 13 games last year? I mean, the guy is a 25 year old professional athlete. Do all you folks truly believe he is that out of shape? 

These folks are ignorant 

I wondered if he would kneel when he was signed but was thankful that we were making a move because I believe this team has another opportunity to make a run at a Super Bowl and safety was one of our glaring weaknesses.    Reading ESPN, it appears he was quoted as saying he was not going to kneel but he did.  This isn't SF and I think a much larger portion of the fan base will not take this as a favorable development.  As divided as things have become in the last week, will this add be worth it?   He certainly wasn't a game changer today but that is to be expected since he was just added.  Still, I wonder if the risk will be worth the potential reward. 

2 minutes ago, 1919Eternal said:

I wondered if he would kneel when he was signed but was thankful that we were making a move because I believe this team has another opportunity to make a run at a Super Bowl and safety was one of our glaring weaknesses.    Reading ESPN, it appears he was quoted as saying he was not going to kneel but he did.  This isn't SF and I think a much larger portion of the fan base will not take this as a favorable development.  As divided as things have become in the last week, will this add be worth it?   He certainly wasn't a game changer today but that is to be expected since he was just added.  Still, I wonder if the risk will be worth the potential reward. 

What risk? He took a knee and last I checked the world is still standing.

19 minutes ago, MGH1989 said:

What risk? He took a knee and last I checked the world is still standing.

The risk is the media hoopla surrounding him becoming a distraction, but I'm confident that Rivera can keep the team focused and that it won't have any impact. We'll see... but I will say Reid looked like I had thought he would before we signed him and my homer goggles came into play--not that good. Hope he'll be better going forward, but either way a big upgrade on Colin Jones.

yea and the panthers face book page is just full of the hatred and arguments over him already.  Just a matter of time before something happens at a tailgate or in the stands and then the media will have a field day.  I just want the team to win - if he's a contributor, then let him kneel.   You don't have to agree or watch him do it, but don't let it be a media circus.

52 minutes ago, t96 said:

The risk is the media hoopla surrounding him becoming a distraction, but I'm confident that Rivera can keep the team focused and that it won't have any impact. We'll see... but I will say Reid looked like I had thought he would before we signed him and my homer goggles came into play--not that good. Hope he'll be better going forward, but either way a big upgrade on Colin Jones.

You're confident in Rivera keeping the team focused?  - not picking, but after todays game....smh

8 minutes ago, Davis83 said:

You're confident in Rivera keeping the team focused?  - not picking, but after todays game....smh

For all his faults he has generally had the team very focused, through a lot of different distractions.

Archived