• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers sign Eric Reid to a one year deal

Jeremy Igo

I think it is funny that the fans who are upset about the kneeling to the flag are also the fans who don't care if our president gets help during elections from foreign powers.

They are the same people who use the Bible to justify their own actions and condemn everyone else, supposing their idealism is to be followed and those who do not respect it are pariahs or criminals.

The are the finger pointers whose wisdom is forged without reflection or respect for alternative perspectives. 

Having said that, this is a business, and personal agendas are not often appropriate.  But not many of you stand for the National Anthem at work, so you are not put in that position.  I get the perspective of the players and the owners in that regard.   However, that has nothing to do with the fans that walk out or boycott because others do not stand for the flag in a country that leaves them feeling betrayed.  Instead of forcing people to stand as they do in tyrannical governments, change the societal conditions so that they will want to--instead, they increase the divide and create tribalism because they lack empathy of any kind. 

24 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I think it is funny that the fans who are upset about the kneeling to the flag are also the fans who don't care if our president gets help during elections from foreign powers.

They are the same people who use the Bible to justify their own actions and condemn everyone else, supposing their idealism is to be followed and those who do not respect it are pariahs or criminals.

The are the finger pointers whose wisdom is forged without reflection or respect for alternative perspectives. 

Having said that, this is a business, and personal agendas are not often appropriate.  But not many of you stand for the National Anthem at work, so you are not put in that position.  I get the perspective of the players and the owners in that regard.   However, that has nothing to do with the fans that walk out or boycott because others do not stand for the flag in a country that leaves them feeling betrayed.  Instead of forcing people to stand as they do in tyrannical governments, change the societal conditions so that they will want to--instead, they increase the divide and create tribalism because they lack empathy of any kind. 

The standing for the Anthem has been done for years without being forced because it was the American way. Then this problem with protesting comes up and the Anthem is the cause of the protesting which is ridiculous among other things but this type of political commenting needs to end or get banned which I do not want so I will go no further on this.

Archived