• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers sign Eric Reid to a one year deal

Jeremy Igo

6 hours ago, Malt Liquor said:

A move like this was a win win situation for both sides. More free agents in the future will now consider coming to Carolina. As oppose to in the past not wanting come because of JR. I like the new direction the franchise is heading to now. Which is winning. Winning=more money. 

This just isn't accurate.

Players follow the money, until they chase a ring, and a jacket.  That's it.

53 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

This just isn't accurate.

Players follow the money, until they chase a ring, and a jacket.  That's it.

Yea now that he's gone people are speaking out a bit more subliminally but still they follow the money and a chance to win.

You don't hardly deal with the owner and especially not our owner who didn't visit the sidelines or lockerroom much. I think Tepper will be more involved personally. Seems that way at least for now.

32 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Yea now that he's gone people are speaking out a bit more subliminally but still they follow the money and a chance to win.

You don't hardly deal with the owner and especially not our owner who didn't visit the sidelines or lockerroom much. I think Tepper will be more involved personally. Seems that way at least for now.

I want Tepper to stay hands off, but be accessible and personable...exactly the things that Jerry wasn't.

I don't want Tepper involved in day to day football operations at all.  Hire the best people for the position, and get out of there. 

Meddlesome owners are the worst.

18 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

Hurndog called Reids' agent Tues.. Reid, and his agent, came to Charlotte Wed.. Once the deal was ready, then they took it to Tepper. @ladypanther already posted all this earlier in the thread.

So technically, yes Teper was brought in on the decision. With a signing of this magnitude, of course he was going to be informed.

There is no doubt that Ron and Marty had to know they had Tepper's ok before they even initiated discussions.  I'm sure they had some sort of dialog about the possibility.  No way would they risk beginning talks only to have Tepper say he wants nothing to do with Reid when they approach him with the deal.  If that would have happened, Reid and his team would certainly have let the world know that management was interested, but Tepper was against it.  That would have been a major embarrassment to Tepper, and it would cost him loads of good will and respect from both players and fans...not to mention the media backlash would be intense.

The deal itself may have gone down the way ladypanther said, but there is zero doubt they had Tepper's approval before even making that first call. 

40 minutes ago, HarambeLivesOn said:

fans will be begging for JR back in 4 years

The smart ones of us were begging for him to be gone/selling the team 4 years ago. We called his meddling long before anyone wanted to hear it and what we got was.

"he brought a team here so we should just be happy" lmao....

Archived