• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers sign Eric Reid to a one year deal

Jeremy Igo

18 minutes ago, caatfan said:

"Jerry Richardson likely would not have supported ...."

What's likely is that neither Hurney nor Rivera would have had the nerve to even suggest signing Reid. 

I think you can make the assumption that they did suggest the signing. Your scenario doesn't sound likely at all..

21 minutes ago, caatfan said:

"Jerry Richardson likely would not have supported ...."

What's likely is that neither Hurney nor Rivera would have had the nerve to even suggest signing Reid. 

Except that Tepper already came out in support of the kneeling players and made it clear he wants to win. So political agenda would have no sway. Hurney said it was a football decision. And I am sure Tepper was fine with it. I just don't know if he lobbied for it or had a hand in forcing the decision as some here suggested which started the whole debate.

3 hours ago, panthers55 said:

What makes you think Tepper had anything to do with it. Hurney said he and Ron have been looking since Searcy went on IR and Reid was at the top of the list. Tepper himself said a while back  he wasn't going to interfere in the football side and has faith in the people he has in place. This was Hurney and Ron's choice for better or worse.

Doesn’t matter. Had Hurney and Ron tried this under JR he would have meddled and never allowed it. You already know this.

Tepper may have not had a say but that, as well, is different than JR and is why this has happened. 

9 minutes ago, Lumps said:

Doesn’t matter. Had Hurney and Ron tried this under JR he would have meddled and never allowed it. You already know this.

Tepper may have not had a say but that, as well, is different than JR and is why this has happened. 

And a good thing it is that JR is gone. My point was that this wasn't a Tepper decision, it was Hurney and Rivera making the choice as a football decision. Tepper gets credit for letting the football folks make the best decision for the team and not caring about the politics or what other owners may think  I just doubt that Tepper influenced the decision or forced Hurney to pick him which is what some of the Hurney and Rivera critics suggested.

4 hours ago, panthers55 said:

What is likely is Hurney and Rivera wanted him and asked if Tepper had an issue with it. Tepper asked if he was the best player we could get and Hurney said yeah. Tepper said then sign him. I want to win and don't care what the league thinks.

3 hours ago, Lumps said:

@ladypanther posted a snippet from the Observer that has the timeline.

Mon. Ron, and Hurndog, got together to talk about the S position. They decided that Reid was the best answer. Tue. Hurndog called Reids' agent. Wed. Reid came to town. And Tepper was asked his thoughts. 

So kudos to Ron, and Marty, for having the nerve to get the ball rollin, and Tepper for being on board.

1 hour ago, BOC said:

The Panthers have a new name...…..THE CAROLINA BLACK PANTHERS...…..perfect fit for a team full of American trashing punks.  This team was bad enough with idiots like Cam..Tootin My Own Horn....Newton ( the biggest moron ever to wear a number).   I hope this turd Reid gets hurt bad......he has it coming.

At least you don’t hide your bigotry...that’s all the credit I can give. 

1 hour ago, BOC said:

The Panthers have a new name...…..THE CAROLINA BLACK PANTHERS...…..perfect fit for a team full of American trashing punks.  This team was bad enough with idiots like Cam..Tootin My Own Horn....Newton ( the biggest moron ever to wear a number).   I hope this turd Reid gets hurt bad......he has it coming.

You signed up just to say that? You racist piece of crap

Archived