• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers sign Eric Reid to a one year deal

Jeremy Igo

43 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Hell yeah @Panthers! Way to make your defense even stronger. Congratulations @E_Reid35. This is the NFL I know and love. Having the best players play and showing their skills on the field every game day. https://t.co/f7fnkqpF78

— MichaelRapaport (@MichaelRapaport) September 27, 2018

Michael Rapaport watches the Panthers?

56 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Oooh, I dunno...

Jonathan Jones: Reid signing would not likely have happened under Jerry Richardson

Call it a hunch.

Totally agree that Richardson wouldn't have approved the signing. But the question is whether Tepper has the same approach as Richardson in regards to approving anything and whether he takes a hands on approach like Richardson did. After all Tepper unlike Richardson is a fund manager not an ex football player and might take a difference approach. After all he also said he would leave football decisions to the football experts. From what he said he wouldn't be against it. But the sense was from some here is that he caused it .   Nothing in any of these posts suggest he lobbied for it and was a big factor in making it happen. There is a big difference between Tepper wouldn't have blocked like Richardson would have and the idea he influenced Hurney or Richardson to pick him over anyone else. From a football point of view he was the clearly best choice.

We have had a top 5 defense for so long even with a terrible secondary. I’m excited to see what we can do with Bradberry and Jackson playing well and adding Reid to the mix. Adams has also looked good so far this season.  This defense could be really good if Reid can get back to his old form. 

As a fan I’m excited about this year and beyond now that we have an owner who actually wants to win. 

As and old white guy I could care less about the anthem crap. I root for this team as entertainment not for political reasons. 

Love this fuggin signing.  Hurney is swinging for the fences.  Probably to keep his job. 

Let’s  get that freakin ring. 

59 minutes ago, falconidae said:

No it doesn't. Lawsuit is about things that have already happened.

Sure it does. The season hasn't happened yet, it is only 3 games in  and is not unusual for folks to join teams during the season. Now it this were February you might have a case.  Since he is getting a million plus what exactly are the damages which is all that matters?

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

Sure it does. The season hasn't happened yet, it is only 3 games in  and is not unusual for folks to join teams during the season. Now it this were February you might have a case.  Since he is getting a million plus what exactly are the damages which is all that matters?

Not a laywer, that's what I've read.

10 minutes ago, caatfan said:

"Jerry Richardson likely would not have supported ...."

What's likely is that neither Hurney nor Rivera would have had the nerve to even suggest signing Reid. 

What is likely is Hurney and Rivera wanted him and asked if Tepper had an issue with it. Tepper asked if he was the best player we could get and Hurney said yeah. Tepper said then sign him. I want to win and don't care what the league thinks.

Archived