• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers sign Eric Reid to a one year deal

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

he's a good player but there are some concerns. he's been on IR the past 2 years and only has 3 ints in the past 3. if ron puts him at FS instead of SS then just lol

He can play both spots actually. San Fran just missed used him a lot of the time. He can help in the box & also be a center fielder. Go watch is LSU tape your see. No need to be negative. When we all know this is a upgrade over anything we’ve had. Deal with it! 

Man, I'm so excited to have a guy like him in our secondary. Can't believe we have to wait an extra week. Love the athleticism, love the physicality. He's a smart player and a leader. I hope he hits the ground running and can get some playing time fast. I think he has found a good home here and will fit with our guys easily.

Love it. Don’t care about the drama and never have.

Not sure I’d be as happy if it was more than a prove it one year deal mainly because we have no idea how he’ll preform, is in shape or get injured again but damn if there is no chance he not an upgrade over our current traffic cones.

And Tepper is showing he wants to win and makes football moves. Glorious days ahead fellas, as I’ve stated years ago referring to the post Richardson era.

Winning priority #1

13 minutes ago, Lumps said:

Love it. Don’t care about the drama and never have.

Not sure I’d be as happy if it was more than a prove it one year deal mainly because we have no idea how he’ll preform, is in shape or get injured again but damn if there is no chance he not an upgrade over our current traffic cones.

And Tepper is showing he wants to win and makes football moves. Glorious days ahead fellas, as I’ve stated years ago referring to the post Richardson era.

Winning priority #1

What makes you think Tepper had anything to do with it. Hurney said he and Ron have been looking since Searcy went on IR and Reid was at the top of the list. Tepper himself said a while back  he wasn't going to interfere in the football side and has faith in the people he has in place. This was Hurney and Ron's choice for better or worse.

He can start right away. Defense isn't like offense, there isn't a huge playbook to learn. There are coverages and assignments. He will need to learn to communicate and trust the other guys but the basic techniques and leverages he already knows. And at 26 exactly how out of shape do you expect him to be. 

Archived