• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers sign Eric Reid to a one year deal

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, Mage said:

Reid’s ability to play nickel LB gonna help a lot vs the Saints

That's most of the reason he had a resurgence last year. He lost his starting safety job after an injury early in the season and they moved him to hybrid LB and he played much better where his lack of coverage ability was more easily masked.

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

Sit behind him in the classroom while he learns the playbook? 

I don't really believe Rivera is an idiot. He makes some questionable decisions, but he's not a moron.

Now, if he were to actually start Jones or Gaulden over Reid, we'd have to talk again.

WOW! I went to sleep and wake up to this?! Holy sh*t I can't believe we actually signed him. What a huge day for the Panthers franchise, and not just because of the signing, but the fact that Tepper really is all in about winning and doesn't bow down to the league. No way in hell JR would have approved of this! What a breath of fresh air.

And not only did we possibly find our safety for this season, we've potentially found our long term safety we've been wanting!!! I didn't realize the dude was ONLY 26, he's just now entering his prime. It's a good day to be a Panthers fan!

2 minutes ago, Castavar said:

WOW! I went to sleep and wake up to this?! Holy sh*t I can't believe we actually signed him. What a huge day for the Panthers franchise, and not just because of the signing, but the fact that Tepper really is all in about winning and doesn't bow down to the league. No way in hell JR would have approved of this! What a breath of fresh air.

And not only did we possibly find our safety for this season, we've potentially found our long term safety we've been wanting!!! I didn't realize the dude was ONLY 26, he's just now entering his prime. It's a good day to be a Panthers fan!

Or maybe we just needed a damn good safety and it's not political at all. I'm so sick of people making everything a conspiracy. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't really believe Rivera is an idiot. He makes some questionable decisions, but he's not a moron.

Now, if he were to actually start Jones or Gaulden over Reid, we'd have to talk again.

Well Rivera told Albert Breer that Reid will play SS and Nickel LB. Adams was playing SS and Jones was playing FS so make of that what you will.

Archived