• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I see you DJ

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I don’t come here looking for validation.

You can read my post above to t96, Ridley was the piece this offense needed. Don’t get me wrong, Moore has shown flashes (Buffalo game especially) but again, we have Wright. We’re missing that legit deep threat that would’ve opened up a lot of the underneath stuff for guys like Caff. This isn’t about some mancrush this is about what’s good for this team and most importantly Cam. Of all people, it amazes me you fail to understand that part.

What's good for the team, and what's good for your fantasy draft are two different things.

I'm not arguing that beyond a shadow of a doubt we made the right pick because we can't know that yet. I'm arguing that 3 games in if you are ridiculing this guy for just about anything, you need to take a step back. Let's revisit this midseason. First things first. Rivera needs to get him more reps.

Just now, TheRed said:

What's good for the team, and what's good for your fantasy draft are two different things.

I'm not arguing that beyond a shadow of a doubt we made the right pick because we can't know that yet. I'm arguing that 3 games in if you are ridiculing this guy for just about anything, you need to a step back. Let's revisit this midseason. First things first. Rivera needs to get him more reps.

Uh... what does fantasy football have to do with any of this? Even if I played fantasy football I assume you’re implying I would be mad because I took DJ Moore? Why would I have taken Moore when I essentially predicted this? Do you not understand what having a deep threat can do for the entire offense as a whole? 

Ridley just roasted the Saints for 3 touchdowns. Ridley has 4 touchdowns on the year so far. That matches our entire WR total. 

At the end of the day Moore is a slot WR and we already have Jarius Wright who is good enough. What we don’t have is an outside WR that has the ability to win deep, that’s Ridley. I really can’t make this anymore clear.

6 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Uh... what does fantasy football have to do with any of this? Even if I played fantasy football I assume you’re implying I would be mad because I took DJ Moore? Why would I have taken Moore when I essentially predicted this? Do you not understand what having a deep threat can do for the entire offense as a whole? 

Ridley just roasted the Saints for 3 touchdowns. Ridley has 4 touchdowns on the year so far. That matches our entire WR total. 

At the end of the day Moore is a slot WR and we already have Jarius Wright who is good enough. What we don’t have is an outside WR that has the ability to win deep, that’s Ridley. I really can’t make this anymore clear.

In what universe does Ron Rivera give Calvin Ridley the amount of reps that the Falcons have?

8 minutes ago, TheRed said:

In what universe does Ron Rivera give Calvin Ridley the amount of reps that the Falcons have?

The one in which if we had drafted Ridley he’d make Torrey look even slower than he already is and Ron would have no choice but to go with him.

Moore clearly isn’t showing the ability to take reps away from Wright. The few 1 on 1’s in TC that were tweeted out and more importantly the goaline target that went to Moore (Patriots game) didn’t do him a ton of favors either. Also try to remember it’s mainly Wright that Moore is competing with because he’s not effective on the outside. I assume it’ll be up to Samuel to take reps away from Torrey when he is back.

Ridley is one of the best route runners out there whereas Moore struggles beyond a few routes in the category (pending where he is lined up). Given the fact our window and time with Cam is closing, the better pick for the immediate future (the thing we should be focused on) was Ridley. 

4 minutes ago, Pantha-kun said:

After what happened to garrapolo on the sidelines im glad cam decided to play it safe actually 

He had two defenders closing in behind him and another one in front of him 

Agreed, I think it's another sign of Cam's continued growth and maturity. Not trying to force things that aren't there and playing smart.

DJ Moore will get his especially if he's doing his part with blocking. That typically earns receivers more targets too. Funchess and Moore could be a fun tandem and Wright has actually been doing well connecting with Cam. Ian Thomas should continue to grow in the offense too with the temporary absence of GO.

CJ Anderson and CMC could both tough the 1,000 yard mark if rotated well.

We have promise at the skill positions on offense...just need some better OL

2 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

The one in which if we had drafted Ridley he’d make Torrey look even slower than he already is and Ron would have no choice but to go with him.

Moore clearly isn’t showing the ability to take reps away from Wright. The few 1 on 1’s in TC that were tweeted out and more importantly the goaline target that went to Moore (Patriots game) didn’t do him a ton of favors either. Also try to remember it’s mainly Wright that Moore is competing with because he’s not effective on the outside. I assume it’ll be up to Samuel to take reps away from Torrey when he is back.

Ridley is one of the best route runners out there whereas Moore struggles beyond a few routes in the category (pending where he is lined up). Given the fact our window and time with Cam is closing, the better pick for the immediate future (the thing we should be focused on) was Ridley. 

Ridley Ridley Ridley Ridley Ridley Ridley.

He isn't a Panther dude.

2 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Pretty weak response. Next time just stay in your lane.

I don’t waste your time while you do your “thing”, I suggest you do the same in return.

You're parroting the same poo you were back in April bro. You haven't moved on. You want me to hold your hand?

You sound virtually no different than the Panthers fans here who waited for Cam to make any kind of mistake just to say I told you so because the team didn't draft the favorite player they wanted. Nut up.

22 minutes ago, TheRed said:

You're parroting the same poo you were back in April bro. You haven't moved on. You want me to hold your hand?

You sound virtually no different than the Panthers fans here who waited for Cam to make any kind of mistake just to say I told you so because the team didn't draft the favorite player they wanted. Nut up.

Yes because it’s annoying and it’s not rocket science.

Each and every year the easiest moves are always the ones not made by this organization (hello Andrew Whitworth) and then it’s the same song and dance every season, Cam versus the world.

Building a team around a guy like Cam should be easy but the Panthers make it out to be impossible. We should have won super bowls (yes, plural) by now but instead we’re still here talking about our lack of wr’s and safeties. You’re becoming one of the fans that you’re often telling to “stop accepting mediocre”.

1 hour ago, *FreeFua* said:

Ridley was that deep threat this offense is missing. We already had Jarius Wright for the slot so drafting Moore caused a bit of a log jam. We’d gain a lot more with Ridley in place of Torrey. I’m not even sure there’s much of a drop off with Wright in there over Moore. Wright is a good 3rd down guy to have. He’s a slightly better Cotchery who Cam loved to target when he needed a 1st. It’s to hard to justify Moore getting Wright’s snaps whereas it wouldn’t be difficult at all to justify giving Ridley, Torrey’s snaps

Ridley isn't a deep threat at all. And don't use last game against the worst corner P in the league as an example.

57 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Yes because it’s annoying and it’s not rocket science.

Each and every year the easiest moves are always the ones not made by this organization (hello Andrew Whitworth) and then it’s the same song and dance every season, Cam versus the world.

Building a team around a guy like Cam should be easy but the Panthers make it out to be impossible. We should have won super bowls (yes, plural) by now but instead we’re still here talking about our lack of wr’s and safeties. You’re becoming one of the fans that you’re often telling to “stop accepting mediocre”.

I wanted a WR in the first. I was willing to accept either Moore or Ridley. Help for Cam either way. I also wanted CMC. Again, help for Cam.

I'm with you on Whitworth, I would have taken him or a cheap rookie over throwing the kitchen sink at Matt Kalil. I said when we made the move that we had to do something, but Kalil was a huge gamble that could either pay off or blow up in our face. Welp...

Listen man. There's "not accepting or rationalizing mediocrity", and then there is bullrushing into threads with I told you so kind of hot takes that only amount to trashing a rookie for making a play when he is only 3 games into his NFL career

Archived