• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I see you DJ

Jeremy Igo

I don't understand how people are down on a rookie WR after 3 games, especially when he's already delivered the most explosive play of our entire season thus far. The thing that excited us about this guy is what he does with the ball in his hands, and we've already seen him work NFL defenders the same way he did in college. It's just a matter of figuring out where and how to get it to him within' an offense that already has a bunch of established playmakers.

5 minutes ago, FugAllY'all said:

I don't understand how people are down on a rookie WR after 3 games, especially when he's already delivered the most explosive play of our entire season thus far. The thing that excited us about this guy is what he does with the ball in his hands, and we've already seen him work NFL defenders the same way he did in college. It's just a matter of figuring out where and how to get it to him within' an offense that already has a bunch of established playmakers.

These people will complain about anything. They have issues. 

1 hour ago, Thanatos said:

Cam was sliding to remain in bounds, his momentum was carrying him out of bounds. He could have gotten a few more yards, but it didnt matter at that point. We were well within FG range and the clock was running.

Came here to say this exact thing.  Cam got the 1st and wanted the clock to keep running.  Smart play.

DJ's block was nice all the same though!

9 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Hes attributed with one drop by STATS. It looks like this guy thinks a target that doesnt become a completion is a drop.

Curious where these "stats" are.

The dude had more than 1 hit him clean in the hands but he droped just this past game.  

Guess by those same stats KB catches 90% of his passes

Torrey has 7 catches out of 15 targets. 

4 have been deemed drops (27%)

4 have been deemed uncatchable

32 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Already been posted and you don’t draft a WR in the 1st round for their blocking ability...

Well you shouldn’t but we’re the Panthers for a reason 

Not but you do draft a WR in the first for ELITE YAC and tackle breaking ability, as DJ showed against ATL and in the preseason... It's frustrating that he has to be eased in so slowly but when he gets a grasp on the offense and all the WR positions and fine tunes his route running, which he absolutely will in time, he'll show why he was well worth the pick and deserving of being the first WR taken in the draft. I liked Ridley as well, and he is a solid player but I doubt he'll ever be more than that, and we've had enough of those types of WRs with LaFell, Funch, etc. 

59 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Already been posted and you don’t draft a WR in the 1st round for their blocking ability...

Well you shouldn’t but we’re the Panthers for a reason 

You definitely have the capability of being a quality poster here. But the mancrushes for your favorite draft prospects that you regularly take to bizarre extremes even if it means tearing down Panthers rookies just to build someone else up really brings down your character as a fan.

Perhaps it's time to step back a bit from fantasy football.

49 minutes ago, t96 said:

Not but you do draft a WR in the first for ELITE YAC and tackle breaking ability, as DJ showed against ATL and in the preseason... It's frustrating that he has to be eased in so slowly but when he gets a grasp on the offense and all the WR positions and fine tunes his route running, which he absolutely will in time, he'll show why he was well worth the pick and deserving of being the first WR taken in the draft. I liked Ridley as well, and he is a solid player but I doubt he'll ever be more than that, and we've had enough of those types of WRs with LaFell, Funch, etc. 

Ridley was that deep threat this offense is missing. We already had Jarius Wright for the slot so drafting Moore caused a bit of a log jam. We’d gain a lot more with Ridley in place of Torrey. I’m not even sure there’s much of a drop off with Wright in there over Moore. Wright is a good 3rd down guy to have. He’s a slightly better Cotchery who Cam loved to target when he needed a 1st. It’s to hard to justify Moore getting Wright’s snaps whereas it wouldn’t be difficult at all to justify giving Ridley, Torrey’s snaps

20 minutes ago, TheRed said:

You definitely have the capability of being a quality poster here. But the mancrushes for your favorite draft prospects that you regularly take to bizarre extremes even if it means tearing down Panthers rookies just to build someone else up really brings down your character as a fan.

Perhaps it's time to step back a bit from fantasy football.

I don’t come here looking for validation.

You can read my post above to t96, Ridley was the piece this offense needed. Don’t get me wrong, Moore has shown flashes (Buffalo game especially) but again, we have Wright. We’re missing that legit deep threat that would’ve opened up a lot of the underneath stuff for guys like Caff. This isn’t about some mancrush this is about what’s good for this team and most importantly Cam. Of all people, it amazes me you fail to understand that part.

Archived