• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Van Roten is legit - Video Proof

Jeremy Igo

43 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

*Makes a conclusion of a player, offering proof to support said conclusion*

*Provides a single GIF*

Saca...is that you? Did you forget to switch accounts?

I really like our offensive line right now, GVR included...but these kinds of threads are silly. You can do this for every player in the NFL if your criteria is one good play. I could make a “Russell Shepard is legit - Video proof” thread and show a GIF of his one touchdown for us in the season opener last year.

I don't want to be speaking for Saca, but I think the "single gif" was meant as an illustration of GVR's value, not the only play he's made.  I don't do the gif thing, but if I did, I'd show you many other key downfield and second level blocks that he's made.  Watch the tape; you'll see.  I know many fans don't take their eye off the ball carrier, but focus on the OL blocking that springs these big runs (and screen passes).  You'll seldom see GVR doesn't contribute to the success of the play.

Norwell's a great player but I've said it before and I'll say it again, the way Van Roten has been playing, I haven't missed Norwell one bit especially not for 66.5 million dollars and 30 million guaranteed. 

I know Norv's offensive schemes have alot to do with it, but our backs have alleys to run through this year compared to last season.

8 hours ago, ChibCU said:

I know it's only three games, but this o-line has exceeded my wildest expectations. I knew for sure Cam would be getting pounded 1.5 seconds after each snap.

Can Matt Kalil really be that terrible? So glad we found an unemployed tackle that performs considerably better than one of the league's highest paid tackles.

I've always thought it was a Richardson influenced decision to bring in Ryan's brother. Regardless, if it was Gettleman or Richardson, that signing has been disastrous. Imagine what we could do with that cap space... makes me sick.

Imagine what we could have surrounded Cam with if we didnt have millions tied up with DWill's lazy ass, Stew's huge contract, etc. Along with that 2013 level defense and solidifying the secondary/OL.

It was a pleasant rebound game. Fine job in the run game, and an exceptional job by the entire interior unit against their DTs. Can’t express enough how impressed I was with pass pro.

Worth noting: establishing a healthy running game early did wonders for a unfamiliar front 5. Let ‘em grade some road, which puts an elite group of pass rushers on their heels.

Keep developing that consistency. The attitude is there. So is the athleticism. Huge leap from some of the gaffes in week 2. 

Archived