• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ian Thomas - Not just a receiving target

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Yes, Ian Thomas has shown tremendous potential in space as a receiver. But look at my mans take on a LB to spring CMC for a big gainer. 

giphy.gif

This is better blocking than anything Manhertz has ever put on film. Ian Thomas needs to start. 

I mean he's already getting way more snaps than Manhertz. Take a look at the counts: 52 for Thomas vs 39 for Manhertz against Cincinnati, 64 snaps against Atlanta, good for 96% of the total snaps. And 37 for Thomas vs 34 for Manhertz against Dallas. I'd assume he'll be getting snaps even when Olsen comes back.

He is a better blocker than Olsen from what I see and it’s not really close 

as much as I love  Greg there is something g to be said to the boost Thomas gives to the ri. I g game and Cam not keying on Greg all the time 

then again, just like when I’m at the blackjack table in Vegas and winning, I don’t want anything to change at the table, it’s the same way to me when the Panthers are winning 

4 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

He is a better blocker than Olsen from what I see and it’s not really close 

as much as I love  Greg there is something g to be said to the boost Thomas gives to the ri. I g game and Cam not keying on Greg all the time 

then again, just like when I’m at the blackjack table in Vegas and winning, I don’t want anything to change at the table, it’s the same way to me when the Panthers are winning 

In Cam's rookie season we had a two headed TE situation that worked out pretty well. Olsen and Shockey split a 1000 yd. season. When Greg returns I say take some pressure off him with some 2 TE sets. 

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

This is better blocking than anything Manhertz has ever put on film.

I'm not saying that Olsen is a bad blocker... he's not.

But I wouldn't put Olsen on the list of "best" and "most physical" TE blockers either.

So Thomas may well be our best option at the TE position as a blocker.

7 minutes ago, caatfan said:

In Cam's rookie season we had a two headed TE situation that worked out pretty well. Olsen and Shockey split a 1000 yd. season. When Greg returns I say take some pressure off him with some 2 TE sets. 

Damn, I loved those Chud 2-TE sets with Olsen and Shockey.

11 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

This is better blocking than anything Manhertz has ever put on film. Ian Thomas needs to start. 

I love what Thomas has done so far, but there's no need to resort to hyperbole. Manhertz had multiple excellent blocks against CIN. Look at 0:15, 1:45, and 2:35 in this highlight video just to name a few:

The problem with Manhertz is that he's completely one-dimensional, which is why Thomas is already getting the lion's share of the snaps. Thomas was out there for 52 out of 67 snaps yesterday. Whether he is officially designated as such or not, Thomas is already a "starter."

Archived