• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So.... We are done with Matt Kalil, right?

Jeremy Igo

13 minutes ago, PanthersBigD said:

Rivera sticking with vets is an issue, but even he's not this stubborn and blind. Also, he'd like to remain employed, so I'm going to bet that Matt sits on the bench the rest of the year unless god forbid someone else gets hurt. We've only had two Sean Gilberts in our almost 25 years. That's not that bad in the grand scheme of things. 

Matt Kalil was a situation created by a owner. Hurney did have to remove that out that was in place next year but he did and for no financial reason. 

What about cutting Silatolu now--since we have Mahon  and Larsen--and since there is no benefit in cutting Matty, save a roster spot, keep him as depth.

Clark gave up a few bad plays, but he is much better.  The person who played his ass off Sunday-Van Roten.  After a bad game vs. Atlanta, he bounced back.

Watch the OL getting to the second level---they were all blocking downfield.  I am tearing up.

35 minutes ago, philit99 said:

Here an idea, lets find someone that will take him in a trade. He is a LT, and I know he sucks, but someone will pay his salary if he is serviceable. The real question is can he be serviceable again. Ill take two donuts and bag of Fritos, and dump his nasty salary on someone else.

Please explain how trading him helps us. In any way? I’ve already explained why this is a horrible idea. But, like many in this thread, no one pays attention.  

6 minutes ago, Seoul_Panther said:

Browns took Osweiler's cap hit in exchange for a high pick from the Texans. There are a ton of teams who are way over the cap who can use tackle depth and an extra pick.

Kalil already has his money.

Osweiler had a 16M guaranteed base salary. And the Browns got a 2nd round pick to eat it. Matt Kalil’s money is already paid. Not similar at all. 

25 minutes ago, Snake said:

Matt Kalil was a situation created by a owner. Hurney did have to remove that out that was in place next year but he did and for no financial reason. 

What exactly did Hurney do again? Please explain? I would love to hear what you would have done differently. 

8 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Kalil already has his money.

Osweiler had a 16M guaranteed base salary. And the Browns got a 2nd round pick to eat it. Matt Kalil’s money is already paid. Not similar at all. 

Yeah maybe-I was just giving an example of a terrible contract which was traded away. I've read plenty of threads on here where people categorically state opposite interpretations of his contract. Honestly, I really no longer care.

Here's another question-Is he worth keeping on the roster when he is a liability-regardless of whether he's been paid or not?

Archived