• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So.... We are done with Matt Kalil, right?

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, Toomers said:

So your idea is to give him MORE money to not play another year? Why in the world would you ever consider throwing anything else in that lost cause.? 

I'm saying that Matt Kalil has 20 mil dead cap hit this year if they cut him or a 14 mil dead cap hit if they cut him next year. I'm not sure if they are willing to do that. Regardless, Kalil should not be a starter. 

3 minutes ago, Toomers said:

So your idea is to give him MORE money to not play another year? Why in the world would you ever consider throwing anything else in that lost cause.? 

We may not be able to take the hit  Just saying. Then again, if our team continues to improve upon yesterday's performance---with Obada, GVR, A-Jax, and Bradberry---maybe we can. 

The development of Larsen and Mahon, and maybe even Clark if you can teach an old dog new tricks, may play a role in that determination. 

4 minutes ago, gmonjimbo said:

I'm saying that Matt Kalil has 20 mil dead cap hit this year if they cut him or a 14 mil dead cap hit if they cut him next year. I'm not sure if they are willing to do that. Regardless, Kalil should not be a starter. 

Agree. Kalil should definitely be done as a starter barring injury, but I can't imagine he wont br on roster for at least another year giving the cap hit

3 minutes ago, gmonjimbo said:

We have to eat that 14.7 anyhow. Why pay 7M more and he still would cost 9.8M to cut after 2020. What common sense does that make? As a June 1 cut, his dead cap hit will be 4.9M in 2019 and 9.8M in 2020. If he stuck around, those numbers would stay exactly the same, only you just gave him 7M more. 

6 minutes ago, top dawg said:

We may not be able to take the hit  Just saying. Then again, if our team continues to improve upon yesterday's performance---with Obada, GVR, A-Jax, and Bradberry---maybe we can. 

The development of Larsen and Mahon, and maybe even Clark if you can teach an old dog new tricks, may play a role in that determination. 

As I explained above, the hit is worse to keep him and involves paying him even more money.

10 minutes ago, countryboi said:

with his contract they are going to do everything they can to find someway to get him on the field, i really dont feel like he have seen the last of Matt

You mean like right now, when they put him on IR with a “heavy flow” at a time when we were desperate for any warm body at OT. 

Archived