• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So.... We are done with Matt Kalil, right?

Jeremy Igo

Just now, The Lobo said:

Yes. Moron or Clark are vast improvements at LT. The lineup we had Sunday did a great job. When Trai comes back it should be even better. Question is, do we cut Kalil this offseason?

I think he's proving his worth the last few games, its like he's pissed at the "too old" criticism. If he holds this up for the season we could look really good. But we should really be preparing for life after during the off-season.  

1 minute ago, The Lobo said:

Yes. Moron or Clark are vast improvements at LT. The lineup we had Sunday did a great job. When Trai comes back it should be even better. Question is, do we cut Kalil this offseason?

That’s being answered right now with an emphatic yes. Or should I say 3 weeks ago. There is no freaking way he is hurt so bad he needed 2 months to even consider playing. If he plays, and gets injured. We have to give him 7M more. Playing him, even as desperate as we were, isn’t worth it. He gone the minute the season ends. 

Just now, gmonjimbo said:

I think with his contract, Matt will be kept on the roster for at least one more year. The coaches have to be honest with themselves and understand that Matt is a bust FA signing and should be used as a backup until they can get out of his contract. 

So your idea is to give him MORE money to not play another year? Why in the world would you ever consider throwing anything else in that lost cause.? 

I hope we are done with Matt Kalil.  This could be the year both Kalils end their NFL careers.  The fact that Clark came off his couch and is playing a LOT better than Kalil is very telling.

Sometimes you swing and hit, other times you swing and miss.  Cut him, make a June 1st cut, and move on from him.

Archived