• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Elliott, Gurley.... McCaffrey?

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

3.8 yards per carry through 3 games. interesting given the talent that surrounds him. he's catching a lot of passes though so he's got that going for him.

He's literally the player they're game planning around. He's being doubled covered in the passing game most plays as well, which is crazy. TB would bracket him with a CB and LB. Teams gameplanning around Kamara is also why Drew is completing 81% of his passes. Michael Thomas has a 95% catch rate. 

47 minutes ago, bigdavis said:

Short = low = evasive/invisible, when added to power and great vision.  The hesitation step others have mentioned (a la Bell) is a special gift, allowing a potential (like, right in front of him) tackler to commit first, to the direction they Think he's going, then swiftly sidestep that error.  Must be very frustrating to LBs to grab air, and watch the play from behind.

McCaffrey is 5'10 to 5'11.

LaDainian Tomlinson was 5'10, Emmitt Smith was 5'9 and Barry Sanders 5'8.

Smith talked about having a play where there wasn't anything open so he hid behind Nate Newton till he saw a chance :)

2 minutes ago, Mikey818 said:

Averaging under 4 ypc They miss Ingram on early downs Cmc can handle all 3 downs

Definitely miss Ingram, but the next closest RB on the team is averaging 2.6, so it is what it is lol.

2 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

oh cool good to know that brees and thomas aren't world beaters after all. especially thomas. i've seen some really, REALLY stupid takes on him recently.

that said, how many 8 man boxes did mccaffrey face last year? it was certainly a lot. i've seen twitter randos posting figures approaching 50% for the entire season which shouldn't come as a surprise as defenses have stacked the box against us for years. no respect for carolina's dogshit receivers. don't recall you accepting that as an excuse for his poor rushing numbers though. hmm

Oh ok. Brees isn't a world beater lol. Both are excellent in their own right. They're also both smashing records at the moment lol. 

I don't know the numbers for CMC last year. I don't remember bagging on CMC last year about his rushing numbers. I did talk about his inability to break tackles, which I also said looked like he improved this offseason. Said I thought highly of CMC, just thought Kamara was better, but that wasn't a slight on CMC because I thought Kamara may end up being the best back in football. 

2 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

he may want to figure out how to run the ball when teams are actually worried about stopping him imo. mccaffrey's doing it this year. you should see the way the defense lurches toward him on play fakes.

idk though just my opinion

Cmc May end up being the best all around back in football as he continues to progress. Better receiver than Elliot or some of the other one dimensional backs 

13 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

he may want to figure out how to run the ball when teams are actually worried about stopping him imo. mccaffrey's doing it this year. you should see the way the defense lurches toward him on play fakes.

idk though just my opinion

Lol. It's almost as if they're not at precisely the same amount of scrimmage yards and YPT. Yet Kamara is talked about like he's having a down year and CMC is the next coming. 

CMC faced mostly 6 man boxes, some 7, until late in the 4th when he saw some 8 man boxes yesterday. Yeah, lurching lol. 

But, I'm not gonna try to discredit his play. Kids ballin. 

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

I think he showed pretty good power when he was running over and stiff arming guys all over the place. I don't know the exact yardage but I'm sure a good chunk of the nearly 200 yards came after contact.

First 100 yard rushing game in 19 games. Lets crown him goat

Archived