• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Bengals fans are saying

Jeremy Igo

This week I stopped by The Bengals Board to see what Bengals fans are thinking about this game. 

On CMC

Everyone knows it is coming. They check the ball down to Christian McCaffery a shit-ton of times in the game. He will have targeted early and often. 

The Bengals would do well to put Dennard on him and follow him the entire game. 

Austin can’t sit back on this one. He has to defend them up tight or they will have a lot of long drives.

Pretty accurate here. Checking down to CMC seems to be the bread and butter of the offense this far. Problem is, if you try to take away a check down that means a throw higher up on Cam's progression is going to be open. So yeah, go ahead and worry about taking away a check down. Please do. 

On Carolina's offensive tackles

I love our DEs versus the Carolina Tackles. However, they are aware that their Tackles are poo, and plan around it. We're going to need for the LBs and Safeties to play the most disciplined game that they are capable of. Go ahead, allow the DE's to run wild and cause chaos, the rest of the D needs to be ready to pick up those busted plays that Cam Newton is so good at making.

I really don't think the Panthers tackles are poo. Taylor Moton has looked like an honest to god legitimate starter and Clark has looked like an upgrade over Kalil (I know that isn't saying much). Am I still concerned about the offensive line? For sure. But I am far more concerned about other areas right now such as corner and safety. 

On containing Cam Newton 

Just keep Cam in the pocket and tackle the checkdowns while your DB's try and hold up.

I mean, this is pretty accurate and was for the most part how Atlanta was able to succeed. Contain Cam, cover the sub par wideouts, and tackle McCaffrey when he gets the ball. Sure, the Panthers will get yards, but not necessarily points and perhaps there will be a turnover or two that will swing the game. 

On the outcome

That TE dropped a major pass in the Falcons game Sunday. McCafferey has to be our main focus going into this game. Their O line is banged up and missing starters which means we should be able to get home, we just have to focus on bringing Cam down. Offensively they just haven't been that good this year. Kuechly has even had a couple bad games.

I think we win this one by 7-10 points.

This is the consensus on the Bengals Board. They feel this is a fairly easy win for Cinci. Yes, Kuechly has had a less than stellar game, but not a couple of bad games. Most of these fans seem to think the Carolina Panthers are 0-2. 

20 minutes ago, top dawg said:

A "fairly easy win" against the Panthers is not really within the realm of reality. 

after our defense shat the bed the last game, I'm guessing at the very least they aren't going to be able to run the ball or lots of time to throw

If we have defensive problems again for the 2nd time in a row and lose this game, its probably going to be a 8-8 ish season. We've already seen what happens when we have an offense that can score but a defense that can't stop anything 

1 hour ago, Hoenheim said:

after our defense shat the bed the last game, I'm guessing at the very least they aren't going to be able to run the ball or lots of time to throw

If we have defensive problems again for the 2nd time in a row and lose this game, its probably going to be a 8-8 ish season. We've already seen what happens when we have an offense that can score but a defense that can't stop anything 

We usually lose in Atlanta.  For past three years now, we struggle defensively against NO and ATL.  Other than them, our defense usually controls the game.  We held plenty of opponents to low scores last year, and we held Dallas to 1 score this year.  AJ is scary, yes, but I think the defense might surprise this week.

Also,  stopping CMC in the "check downs" does open up longer passes..which is something Cam and this set of receivers has struggled to make a threat. Either they drop the ball, O-line does't give Cam enough time, or Cam overthrows. Either way, that fan that said limit CMC is on to something!

P.S. 4corners is a cool ass poster~~~

Archived