• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My experience with Thomas Davis this morning

TheCasillas

26 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Yes, but we are a base 4-3 defense, not 4-2-5. Thus he isn't taking Shaq's spot but filling another OLB position, specifically the one Mayo is playing. In Nickel packages, sure, he may shark snaps from Shaq but in our base defense a huge hole is left without him.

Snap count suggests we are not a base 4-3. Mayo is playing 35% of the snaps.

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Not surprising that a player who has been with the Panthers as long as TD and who had (maybe still has) a great relationship with JR isn't exactly thrilled about JR being forced out and having a new owner.

Or missing the meal ticket that JR was. 

I would imagine that Thomas Davis is neutral on Tepper this early in their relationship, but he had a relationship with Mr. Richardson for years.  This is nothing against Tepper, this is everything about what Mr. Richardson put into this relationship with Thomas.  I am sure Thomas would have preferred to have Mr. Richardson there for his entire career and is probably disappointed.  It's going to take some time for Mr. Tepper to forge the same level of relationships with our team that Mr. Richardson had with them.  But he will.  

And here we go again---people throwing dirt on Thomas Davis. Like I said in my thread after last Sunday's game, Father Time will win the war, but unless Davis has dropped off in a great way, you guys are being premature as usual about him taking a back seat. 

If the Falcon game is any indication, Shaq ain't quite up to TD's level. Maybe one of the rookies or a yet drafted LB, but someone will clearly have to outplay TD before I'll be on board with the passing of the torch. 

1 hour ago, CPcavedweller said:

Yes, but we are a base 4-3 defense, not 4-2-5. Thus he isn't taking Shaq's spot but filling another OLB position, specifically the one Mayo is playing. In Nickel packages, sure, he may shark snaps from Shaq but in our base defense a huge hole is left without him.

Officially a base 4-3, but McDermott ran us out of nickel an awful lot. Wilks didn't really change that and I'm not sure Washington will either (though granted, it's still early).

11 hours ago, top dawg said:

And here we go again---people throwing dirt on Thomas Davis. Like I said in my thread after last Sunday's game, Father Time will win the war, but unless Davis has dropped off in a great way, you guys are being premature as usual about him taking a back seat. 

If the Falcon game is any indication, Shaq ain't quite up to TD's level. Maybe one of the rookies or a yet drafted LB, but someone will clearly have to outplay TD before I'll be on board with the passing of the torch. 

There's no way to tell if they aren't given equal opportunity. I don't want to wait until Davis is completely spent and then try to draft another Kuechly at the last minute. We have Shaq and in limited reps he's been better than TD at times.

TD's great and I'm not trying to kick him out of the door at all, but if Shaq's gonna be next (and I think he's earned the shot) we have to come to that decision pretty soon.

I saw Thomas Davis at a grocery store in Charlotte once. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face.

I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Archived