• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coming down to Charlotte on Thursday and looking for some recommendations.

sunset

Good Morning,

My husband and I will be making the trip down from Jersey to Charlotte on Thursday afternoon and I was hoping you all could help me out a bit?  We'll be staying right near the NASCAR hall of fame and looking for things to do Thur/Fri/Sat nights.  I think we mostly know what we'll be up to during the days, but we're looking for some bars to hang at at night.  I read that Farhenheit is supposed to be nice and have a rooftop bar which sounds fun.  We're also into lively places with bands (preferably not DJs) if there are any around.  Walking distance would be great, but I'm certainly not opposed to grabbing an Uber either.  We'll also be at the Roaring Riot tailgate so maybe I'll see some of you there!

Thanks!

20 minutes ago, sunset said:

Good Morning,

My husband and I will be making the trip down from Jersey to Charlotte on Thursday afternoon and I was hoping you all could help me out a bit?  We'll be staying right near the NASCAR hall of fame and looking for things to do Thur/Fri/Sat nights.  I think we mostly know what we'll be up to during the days, but we're looking for some bars to hang at at night.  I read that Farhenheit is supposed to be nice and have a rooftop bar which sounds fun.  We're also into lively places with bands (preferably not DJs) if there are any around.  Walking distance would be great, but I'm certainly not opposed to grabbing an Uber either.  We'll also be at the Roaring Riot tailgate so maybe I'll see some of you there!

Thanks!

Howl at the Moon is a good spot in the Epicentre and usually has live music. Queen Park Social is always a good time. 

I would also recommend checking out the bars in South End down by Bland St Lynx Station. There's All American Pub, Slate, The Gin Mill, and several other bars and breweries within walking distance of that train stop. 

If you like sushi, go to O-Ku one night. 

4 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Uber or catch the light rail up to NoDa. Some cool restaurants and bars there. Or head down to southend, same thing.

Yeah,  we were thinking of doing that Saturday in the afternoon to check out the breweries.  Going to have to try to no get too ripped up during the day though, or I'll be a mess at the tailgate the next morning!

Pizza - Benny Penellos

southern food - Merts or Tupelo Honey.

Midwood smokehouse and Dish are good too, but neither is accessible to you via public transportation easily   

Hot Dog lunch - JJs

Eclectic food with badass rooftop view - peculiar rabbit (would have to Uber)

Mexican food - Cabo Fish Taco.  It gets a lot of press so people say it’s overrated, but they are wrong 

brunch- Jack Beagles, Merts or Tupelo honey. 

being from Jersey I’d eat as much southern food as you can. 

I miss anything?

8 hours ago, sunset said:

Good Morning,

Thanks!

Sunday brunch at Fahrenheit is excellent, it's also very close to where you're staying and offers a nice rooftop view of uptown 

23 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Sunday brunch at Fahrenheit is excellent, it's also very close to where you're staying and offers a nice rooftop view of uptown 

Thanks! I'm hoping to be out early to brunch with the roaring riot, but I definitely think I'd like to check that place out.

Archived