• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF: Panthers pressure Ryan only 7 times on 33 passes

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, rhyslloyd said:

Peppers and Addison are both coming off 11 sack seasons, KK and Poe are supposedly great interior pass rushers and we drafted a dynamic situational pass rusher this year.  There's no reason we shouldn't be able to get some pressure.  Either these guys did mail it in, or we've got another defensive coordinator problem on our hands.

In what the 7th round? I wouldn't expect an impact.

3 hours ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Couple things I think attribute to that, for one I’m sure having guys running butt naked wide open didn’t do the d line any favors, multiple plays where the d line were seconds away from either sacking Ryan or hitting him and causing an off throw. 2, Shaq although not very great in coverage is a pretty good pass rusher, and I hope when td is back he is used more in games where our d line cant create constant pressure. 

When we are rushing four there shouldn’t be any reason in the world why someone is wide tf open with no defender in sight 

Capt Munn. Is a big weakness slow and has no size.

Couple of important things to point out I think.

1.  Our pass rush was great in week one, terrible in week 2.  It's just as wrong to say its non existent after one bad game against one of the best teams irt pass protection as it is to say that the pass rush was great after week one.    

2.  Atlanta is one of the least sacked teams in the NFL.  They have a good pass protecting oline and say what you want about Ryan, but he tends to get the ball out quick.   We are not going to have a six sack game against Atlanta. 

50 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Couple of important things to point out I think.

1.  Our pass rush was great in week one, terrible in week 2.  It's just as wrong to say its non existent after one bad game against one of the best teams irt pass protection as it is to say that the pass rush was great after week one.    

2.  Atlanta is one of the least sacked teams in the NFL.  They have a good pass protecting oline and say what you want about Ryan, but he tends to get the ball out quick.   We are not going to have a six sack game against Atlanta. 

Was wondering how many posts I would have to read until someone pointed this all out.....umm Atlanta's Oline is really good guys. It's one game against a team that knows the Panthers very well and did what they are very good at doing. 

Archived