• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lets say you can only fix one thing right now on the Panthers squad?

Jeremy Igo

33 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Secondary was not the issue yesterday. Julio held down by Bradberry and overall non-effective. For all it's worth, Donte did really well aside missing Ridley on that TD - which pretty much was hard to cover regardless.

It's our pass rush that was horrid yesterday. Near non-existent all game. It wasn't just that we're lacking talent, it's just simply letting Matt Ryan fake them out and just wrecking whatever pass rush we nearly had.

Just because you say it, doesn't mean it's true. If you REALLY think dip poo Donte Jackson, average ass Bradberry (he's getting better), trash ass Gualdin, and Mike (400 years old) Adams is good, I got some front beach property in South Dakota I can sell you right now. For the past 3 years, the secondary has been the issue. It's the issue now, did we forget Matt Ryan had an 82 percent completion percentage? You mean to tell me, if we had a Jalen Ramsey, and an average safety, that still happens? No, not at all. The pass rush has been okay for two years, the secondary has been hot garbage for that long. 

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Id take an elite FS over anything else right now.

The Saints and Falcons eat us up by focusing on getting the ball out quickly (especially early in the game) to negate our pass rush and exploit our DBs giving up a 10 yard cushion. As our pass rushers tire from rushing the passer with no hope of getting home, now deeper, slower developing options start to open up.

We all know Ron wants to focus on the front seven and have a secondary that's "good enough" but given our current safety options I just don't think we're confident enough to play any other way in the secondary. We'll continue giving up big cushions because we can't risk a CB getting burned deep. An elite FS over the top help alleviate this concern.

This fan base is so obsessed with living in the 80's like Rivera it's ridiculous. Hur Duh pass rush! Hur dur! We got it! Hur dur! We good in the secondary. 

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

If you could only fix a single thing going into the next game what would it be? Keep it pretty specific. 

Personally I would like to see some sort of pass rush from the base 4 defense. I think that would cure many woes. 

Safety play. I know DE can be better, DT can be better, WR play can be better, corner play can be better. Guess what I've never seen played well on the Panthers. Safety. That's honestly what we are missing given the pass first league we are in now. 

6 minutes ago, JakeDel5674 said:

Yep. This Saca dude still thinking he knows everything talking about Pass Rush is the issue. fug outta here. 

It's Rivera's philosophy too. Pass rush solves everything... except for teams that script plays early in the game to get the ball out quickly because your DBs are predictably playing 10 yards off to dink and dunk you to death while gassing out your pass rushers to open up other opportunities later in the game.

But yeah... we just gotta rush the passer better. LOL! The only way a pass rush is helping you there is of an interior OL just flat out whiffs and allows a DT a free rush. Even if an outside rusher comes clean arpund the edge he probably still won't be able to get there in time.

4 minutes ago, London Loves Luke said:

Don’t know what game y’all were watching yesterday honestly... fix our run D and we would have won.

5 of their first 6 carries went for 4 yards or less. They didn't start really gashing is until midway through the 2nd quarter once our DL started tiring from fruitless pass rush attempts while we were getting dinked and dunked to death.

Archived