• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lets say you can only fix one thing right now on the Panthers squad?

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, JakeDel5674 said:

Secondary, not even close. Our pass rush is okay, it hasn't been great in a while. We're in a time where a stout secondary is needed. We get torched by good-great QB's every time we play them, unless they're hurt. 

Secondary was not the issue yesterday. Julio held down by Bradberry and overall non-effective. For all it's worth, Donte did really well aside missing Ridley on that TD - which pretty much was hard to cover regardless.

It's our pass rush that was horrid yesterday. Near non-existent all game. It wasn't just that we're lacking talent, it's just simply letting Matt Ryan fake them out and just wrecking whatever pass rush we nearly had.

This whole "we've got to rush the QB better" thing completely misses the point. A vast percentage of Ryan's passes yesterday were 10 yards or less.

Our divisional opponents have quite literally built their offense to counter our rush. Their rosters are constructed to beat the 2013-2015 Panthers which are in most ways defensively the 2018 Panthers. Quick QB who throw quick passes to quick WRs on the slants and outs. Quick offenses.

What we need is a true star in the secondary.

You get just one and everything else falls into place.

I’m giving CJ the ball 15 times a game and putting Cmac in the slot. 

CJ is averaging 6.6 a carry.  I’d put Armah in front of him and just absolutely blast opposing defensive lines. 

We tried to get cute yesterday against Atlanta by throwing the ball way too much. We need to just line up and smash teams in the mouth. Control the clock and let our ancient defense get some time on the bench. 

IMO, it starts and ends with RR. I know he's been coach of the year but after 8 years of mind numbing repetitive miscues it has to stop. I can't help but think a lot of this is caused by his unwavering loyalty to vets. Guys don't have to play their best because they know they aren't going to be taken out if they don't. The same can be said of his coaching staff. I think this team could be so much better,  but I just don't have faith anymore Ron is the guy to do it. 

Saftey

OL- as bad as Kalil is, he could be serviceable.  Who knows how he could be at RT when healthy.  Moton has been a stud wherever he's been.  IF and IF Williams comes back he's solid.  The backups held their own against a under rated Falcons DL with Grady Jarret,  Beasley, Tak etc.

WR is deep.  When healthy and if put right guys in.  Their solid.

DL- as bad as they were yesterday.  I think that was a fluke.  They solid destroyed Dallas week 1.  And while their OL was beat up they still had the top OG and LT in football in the game with one of the best RB, yet they kept hitting a wall vs us

Saftey- Adams is our top guy, all 100 years old of him.  He showed his age and may have been exposed vs Atl.  He just doesnt have the speed anymore.  Searcy, yes started in the league.  But started on bad secondaries then those teams kicked him to the curb.  He's just not starter material.  Gaulden, ha, Gaulden.  Dude who everyone said was a reach.  He is the least athletic DB to ever come out.  Ill be sh9cked if hes every a solid starter.  When thrown in during preseason after Searcy injury, he was turrible. Then you have Colin Jones and there you go.

In a young raw secondary who are still growing.  You cant have patchwork center fielders

What Id do if I could go back and just Cut Worley and use that $$ we're throwing at Torrey Smith and give it to Honey Badger

Id take an elite FS over anything else right now.

The Saints and Falcons eat us up by focusing on getting the ball out quickly (especially early in the game) to negate our pass rush and exploit our DBs giving up a 10 yard cushion. As our pass rushers tire from rushing the passer with no hope of getting home, now deeper, slower developing options start to open up.

We all know Ron wants to focus on the front seven and have a secondary that's "good enough" but given our current safety options I just don't think we're confident enough to play any other way in the secondary. We'll continue giving up big cushions because we can't risk a CB getting burned deep. An elite FS over the top help alleviate this concern.

30 minutes ago, Growl said:

This whole "we've got to rush the QB better" thing completely misses the point. A vast percentage of Ryan's passes yesterday were 10 yards or leas.

Our divisional opponents have quite literally built their offense to counter our rush. Their rosters are constructed to beat the 2013-2015 Panthers which are in most ways defensively the 2018 Panthers. Quick QB who throw quick passes to quick WRs on the slants and outs. Quick offenses.

What we need is a true star in the secondary.

You get just one and everything else falls into place.

It baffles me how people can't see this. 

Archived