• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Funchess played 66 snaps. Moore played only 17.

Jeremy Igo

4 hours ago, Skack25 said:

I like Funchess too and it pains me to hate him so much on Sundays.  To be a 'possession guy' he needs to catch the damn ball.  That bs he pulled on the 3 yard line yesterday trying to make a stupid one handed catch was terrible.

And the sideline drop on a crucial third down on a perfectly thrown ball.

The one thing you guys forget is that Fun is the only WR with any size. I know he does not use that to his potential however he is less likely to be hurt than all of our other speed WRs. He still has room to improve and is somewhat young still. He pulls the other teams best DB as well making it hard to get separation.

Looks like he’s tied with Adam Thielen for overall catch rate (relative to targets), and ranks ahead of Diggs, Hopkins, AJ Green and Beckham. 

He’s not on their level overall. I get that. And I’m not advocating that.

Simply providing data.

Funchess and Moore are two different types of receivers.  And Cam has some comfort with Funchess and is developing a comfort level with Wright.  Funchess won't lose many snaps to Moore.  As was mentioned earlier, the comparison should be Smith and Moore.  And I do think at some point Moore will get more snaps, but I don't know when that will be.  But there was never much of a chance it would be in game two unless injuries forced him into the lineup.  And fwiw, that is true of most coaching staffs, not just ours.  

An abundance of fans are holding it against Funchess that Moore didn’t get enough playing time, while also singing Turner’s praises for what they view as impressive innovations. It’s fansplaining at its finest. 

It’s on Turner. Sure it’s on Ron too, because all of it falls on Ron—that goes without saying. But Turner is doing a mediocre job with personnel utilization. Waiting until your team is down by 14 to feature CJ Anderson in the passing game, while your team’s leading receiver—and one of the premier receiving backs this league has to offer—sits on the bench is troubling. Unless there was some sort of injury issue keeping 22 out of the game, that’s an egregious error by Turner.

The opening play of the game was Anderson muscling off left guard for 22 yards. Really enjoyed his other pair of carries over the next 59:30. 

The bubble screen to McCaffrey has been effectively diagnosed, and should be shelved for a minute. Particularly with the Falcons’ horizontal defensive speed. McCaffrey is at his best in man coverage on a Texas route. I do credit Norv and Cam for looking to exploit that with Deion Jones out yesterday. 

Funchess is discount Brandon Marshall. He’s a slightly richer man’s version of Donald LaFell. He’s not built to stretch the field. He’s built like a tight end, but will never be a tight end. We did have some success with Benjamin/Funchess in the slot under Shula. I suggest throwing that wrinkle in a little more. No, he’s not an every down slot receiver, but it’s a nice wrinkle and it’s a good match up for him

Archived