• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Funchess deserve a Payday?

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, je1005 said:

Funchess:

7 rec, 77y (9 targets) 

Julio:

5 rec, 54y (9 targets)

I pointed out his stat line earlier. Devin didn't have a bad game statistically. I don't think he is as bad as some people make him out to be. But, Cam needs a legitimate playmaker at one of the WR spots. DJ Moore is a better deep threat and has an uncanny ability to run after the catch. Devin is a possession guy with enough ability to burn you on occasion if you underestimate him.

I think he can be a solid #2 WR in the league. That role actually seems ideal for him because it means he would likely be matched up on the #2 corner each week and face less double teams.

It's actually heart-warming for people to finally turn on Funchess. I've been telling you people he's complete dogshit since Day 1. It's absolutely incredible he hasn't taken John Kasay-like poo for dropping that Hail Mary against the Saints. There isn't a single thing he does well: he's slow, he gets no YAC unless he's wide open, he drops a lot of passes, he isn't a fluid route runner, and Greg Jennings' only good point of the entire game was when Funchess sat down to catch a pass instead of going after it to pick up YAC. Devin Funchess is garbage and the worst receiver on our roster and it's a complete joke that he's our "#1" target.

2 hours ago, je1005 said:

I think we all agree he doesn’t deserve #1 cash. 

Just an odd game to make him the scapegoat. I’ve seen much worse games.

What was odd about it? His drops were huge moments in the game and he was the worst skill player today by far. This is Year 4 for him and he's supposed to be our #1 receiver and is complete dogshit.

2 hours ago, bigdog10 said:

Everybody piling in on Funchess while Shaq Thompson and Vernon Butler quietly try to continue flying under the radar. 

Those two are not even close to living up to their draft position. 

Who thinks Vernon Butler is good? Vernon Butler literally has no fans and people takes shits in his mouth on social media every week. 

Shaq Thompson hasn't lived up to a first rounder, but at least he's a solid starter and isn't a weakness.

Archived