• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Funchess deserve a Payday?

Jeremy Igo

15 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

DJ Moore deserves an opportunity. On his one catch, he showed what he can do and it's something that no other WR we have can do - make a big time play after the catch. We're hardly throwing the ball downfield at all right now. We need to get Moore out there because we need someone else other than CMC who can actually turn into a runner with the ball in his hands after a catch.

on the last 2 minute drive when funchess caught a ball over the middle and went to the ground to wait for a falcon to touch him down, he had more than enough daylight to break it for a td if he was moore or anyone with any speed.

I won't even mind Cam not having large possession receivers.  He thrives off the playmakers, flankers and slot types.  

RE: Smith, Ginn, Avant, Philly Brown, Cotchery, Wright, Moore...who are the bigs? KB and Funchess. Yuck. 

We truly should have kept Pilares.  He was the future of the league.  

26 minutes ago, saX man said:

I like how he was trying to be all ra-ra at the end telling Cam to throw him the ball and Ace Boogie wasn't having any of that.  

There's definitely trust issues between Cam and Fun.  I can see a DJ, Wright, & Samuel package materializing sooner than later.

and byrd when he is healthy also. if smith dont get it together  bench him.

if I trusted Samuel/ and byrd health I wouldn't mind getting rid of smith.

I was burned at the stake early this off-season saying he was NOT the answer at WR 

'but he had 800 yards and a hurt arm!' Nah, he just doesn't have that fight in him to be a #1.  He doesn't contest catches and is soft upon contact.  DJ Moore is the future, he needs to get in WAY more, and hopefully today showed that.  Wright/Moore/Smith/Samual/Funchess/Byrd.

TBD. So far he’s just kind of average. He didn't have a terrible game, just not great or befitting of a big money payday. 

It's probably time to get Moore involved. We won last week without him, but this week shows we need him (and Samuel just as much). 

Wright is OK as well, but hardly dynamic.

2 minutes ago, Dunn said:

I was burned at the stake early this off-season saying he was NOT the answer at WR 

'but he had 800 yards and a hurt arm!' Nah, he just doesn't have that fight in him to be a #1.  He doesn't contest catches and is soft upon contact.  DJ Moore is the future, he needs to get in WAY more, and hopefully today showed that.  Wright/Moore/Smith/Samual/Funchess/Byrd.

It’s still early. Samuel needs to play just as much as Moore (and more than Wright).

Just now, top dawg said:

It’s still early. Samuel needs to play just as much as Moore (and more than Wright).

Wright is solid, he needs to be in there just as much as Moore and Samuel, hes as consistant as cotchery was, and way younger.  Can't let that go.

Just now, Dunn said:

Wright is solid, he needs to be in there just as much as Moore and Samuel, hes as consistant as cotchery was, and way younger.  Can't let that go.

Wright is solid, but not great. You guys are killing me. Samuel or Moore needs to be in that spot. They are more dynamic and befitting of the defense's attention. Wright doesn't scare anyone.

Archived