• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Funchess deserve a Payday?

Jeremy Igo

DJ Moore deserves an opportunity. On his one catch, he showed what he can do and it's something that no other WR we have can do - make a big time play after the catch. We're hardly throwing the ball downfield at all right now. We need to get Moore out there because we need someone else other than CMC who can actually turn into a runner with the ball in his hands after a catch.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

DJ Moore deserves an opportunity. On his one catch, he showed what he can do and it's something that no other WR we have can do - make a big time play after the catch. We're hardly throwing the ball downfield at all right now. We need to get Moore out there because we need someone else other than CMC who can actually turn into a runner with the ball in his hands after a catch.

Oh our first round PICK DESERVES an opportunity? He's not a fuging practice squad player. He should be a top option in the offense and it showed today.

4 minutes ago, jumpman910 said:

We could do alot worse than Funchess but at the same time a guy whose supposed to be the leader of the wr room needs to show up. 

By a lot worse than Funchess I’m just curious... who exactly do you have in mind?

Not even being a dick right now I’m legit curious because off the top of my head there isn’t many teams with a worse number 1 option. 

I would roll with Dede Westbrook over Funch

He definitely isn't worth the  big dollar contract that the 2018 FA WRs got this off season.

He didn't have the worst game in the world today. He caught 7 passes on 9 targets and finished with  77 yards, 11 yds per catch. But, DJ Moore showed more explosive YAC ability on his lone NFL catch than Funchess has shown in 4 season in the league. Devin is a #2 or #3 at best and you can't pay those guys top dollar without screwing up you salary cap.

Archived