• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Falcons predictions thread!

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, Mikey818 said:

The National media ignored our performance and dwelled on how poor Dallas was. I think we showed in the dress rehearsal vs patriots and in the Dallas game total domination. Cmc is not a fumbler so if we don’t that mistake  we humiliate them 23 to 8. We corralled Elliot and moved the ball well. I dont see that changing vs falcons

I concur wholeheartedly. Lots to like about this team. We moved the ball well, against a pretty good Defense. When we clean up our miscues, I suspect that we should be able to move the ball on almost anyone. I can see a top 10 Offense.

Last week, we rarely used the blitz. Yet still had 6 sacks. Against a pretty darn good Oline. If we can continue to limit the run game, and continue to pressure the QB. I can see this being a top 10 Defense.

So yeah...This year very well could be a whole lotta fun.

3 minutes ago, PanthersInked90 said:

We could win. But I don't feel good about this. We'll need to catch some breaks (my picture) to walk out with a W. 

atl 24 - car 13 

Well our o line is decimated limiting our deep passes. We need to stick to short passing and runs. Our defense will shut them down. 21 to 10 panthers

I'm not optimistic in the out come.  It will be low scoring and the only way we win is if our D creates some turnovers.  A pick six could be the difference.

13-10 Atlanta unless we get a pick 6 then 17-15 Panthers.  Either way we allow a late touchdown.  Atlanta TD for the win or Atlanta misses a 2 pt conversion to tie it.

2 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

I think the Falcons are just a better more well rounded team. They don't really have any glaring holes like we do and they nearly beat the super bowl favorites last week. Their offense is going to be one dimensional but I don't have faith in anyone in our secondary to stop Julio. 

It's really amazing how the organization has completely failed to deal with the Julio problem since he has been the one real game breaking issue in our recent games.

They actually have 2 glaring holes in their defense rn. The freeman injury hurts them as well though Coleman is one of the best backup rbs in the league

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/depth-chart

check our their DTs now with no poe lol. Might be the worst in the league. Let’s not forget that pre Poe, falcons were constantly last in run D. Their Lb corps is also awful with no jones. Ricardo Allen is solid at S but Neal’s backup will be poo. Beasley will probably have a good game and McKinley might as well, but if we can limit the damage from DEs their only other play maker on d is trufant. If cmc doesn’t ball out this game we should be very worried about him bc this has all the makings of a great game for him. Meanwhile on our offense, we lost Olsen? Did last year too and finished with 1 more win than this “godly” falcons team. Injured Oline? Delt with last year. The truth of the mater is this is a very winnable game for us. There’s essentially 2 keys to the game. 1. Cam does his thing and carries the offense in true Cam fashion- this is very likely imo. 2. We limit Julio to under or around 100 yards. This will be tough, but an improved Bradberry and vastly improved cb2 are up to the task. If I had to give a score prediction, I’d say 28-21 panthers 

1 hour ago, Panthers8969 said:

They actually have 2 glaring holes in their defense rn. The freeman injury hurts them as well though Coleman is one of the best backup rbs in the league

Yeah but we can't exploit their holes when Cam doesn't have much time to throw the ball. Why can't you understand our oline is trash. Is wasn't that great before and now this has to be about the worst ever since Cam has been playing.

14 hours ago, Mikey818 said:

The National media ignored our performance and dwelled on how poor Dallas was. I think we showed in the dress rehearsal vs patriots and in the Dallas game total domination. Cmc is not a fumbler so if we don’t that mistake  we humiliate them 23 to 8. We corralled Elliot and moved the ball well. I dont see that changing vs falcons

I was watching the Patriots-Texans game last week (lack of options due to the Armed Forces Network). The announcers talked about that third preseason game and said someone within the Patriots organization told them the Patriots really tried scheming and going full throttle in the preseason game against the Panthers. The announcers then commented on how thoroughly the Panthers took it to them as a testament to how good the Panthers may be this year.

I know things on offense are different now with the injuries, but the defense looks to be very, very good this year. Of course, the secondary hasn’t really been tested yet in the regular season. However, if the front seven can stop the run as successfully as they did last week, the secondary will prosper. I think Bradbury rebounds this year, and a Jackson is showing great promise. If the front can continue to get pressure on the QB, this defense could be special. 

As for the game, I chose this as one of four losses in the preseason record prediction thread. I’ll stay with that, but I hope the Panthers prove me wrong. Either way, I think the O-line issues resolve themselves and this team wins the division. 

Archived