• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Falcons predictions thread!

Jeremy Igo

20 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

Man you do realize our team is down to backups and people off the street pretty much. There is no way we get 13 wins lol, this is going to be a long season. We only beat Dallas because they suck and have no wrs.

Alas, I cannot disagree. But please allow me my week or two of delusional fandom before falling back to the cold, hard, rational ground. Like Cam probably will be after Amini gets shoved into him by a 170lb cornerback.

3 hours ago, bull123 said:

Yes on OL...but Ryan Kalil was out most of LY so OL was not intact all of LY

We are absolutely better in secondary

Better on Defensive front and at receiver

Cam healthy and we are much better at RB

this years team is better than LY....without any doubt 

I think at receiver, yes. But, other than that I completely disagree. Our corners last year were just as bad, this year we're much worse in the secondary. Mike Adams is 37 years old man. I don't know how anyone can think we're better there. Plus, we're still starting Captain Munnerlyn, and this dude got benched last year because he was so trash. But, okay.

Also, while I agree on receiver,  I would hope they would be better. Last year, we were starting Practice Squad players that aren't even on teams right now. LOL.

RB, yes. We're better there, just because Jonathan Stewart was so bad.

Ryan Kalil looked like hot garbage in the first game, so, not sure he's much better than Larsen at this point. I could be wrong though.

Cam was healthy for the better part of last year, lastly. And our Defensive front is exactly the same except we took Star out and signed Poe. Well, Peppers got older as well. Unless you think Wes Horton is good. Which I would completely disagree with. I just cannot agree that we're better at all. Especially how bad the Offensive Line could be. We could have one of the worst O-Line's in the NFL right now. 

1 hour ago, steven8989 said:

I would say to early to say we are better at secondary. Have a rookie and two old men at safety.

I would say front is better but wonder if Pep is going to do anything since he is older.

WR might be just a little better. As always Samuel and Bryd are out alot. Also no fan of Smith, paying 5 mil for one catch a game.

RB we got McCaffrey and we get CJ but they hardly are playing him.

So I don't really know if we are better. I would say worse because of all the oline issues. 

Didn't Searcy get hurt last week, and Colin Jones took over for him? Just LOL. As long as Rivera continues to Coach this team, Gauldin will be on the bench. 

4 minutes ago, JakeDel5674 said:

Ryan Kalil looked like hot garbage in the first game, so, not sure he's much better than Larsen at this point. I could be wrong though.

Ryan was playing with a fever.  Can't imagine that...when I have a fever I feel like poo.  Should be back to form tomorrow.

This reminds me of the first Saints games last year where we came in 2-0 to their 0-2 and what a win could have done for us.  Going up two games on Atlanta with a h2h victory and with the Saints already having a division looks would be enormous.  With this OL and secondary though I just do not have the confidence that it will happen.  I also do not expect the new offense to really hit its stride until the second half of the season.  Plus, we rarely win there.  Hell, we could not win in Atlanta when we went 15-1.

Panthers 13:21 Falcons

42 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Bradbury was barely mediocre LY, and Jackson is 10 to 1 better than Worley was...Adams is gonna be much better than LY and coleman was awful LY...searcy is weak link, and captain is well, captain...we are better 

OL is worse, much worse, but Kalil was sick last week.....we need him to stay on the field and take ownership of this group...it is what it is

Poe is big upgrade over star, which allows KK to be even better....and it looks like Shaq should have been playing TD’s spot LY....Pep just getting started and Luke looked better than ever LW

Stew was just terrible LY, and CMC is gonna be much better...We haven’t seen what CJ is gonna do for us yet either, bet norv has big plans for him

Cam is key as always....he looks motivated as hell

He did barely anything last Sunday, so I dunno. I dunno man. Your optimism of this team is more than I expected. The Secondary is worse, in my opinion, especially with Captain, Searcy, and Adams still starting. Poe and Star cancel each other out in my opinion, we shall see though. 

4 hours ago, steven8989 said:

Man you do realize our team is down to backups and people off the street pretty much. There is no way we get 13 wins lol, this is going to be a long season. We only beat Dallas because they suck and have no wrs.

We did not just beat Dallas. We spanked them. The score was not indicative of how thoroughly we beat them. We moved the ball well, and stopped them from doing so in pretty convincing fashion. If not for a couple of missteps. The score would have more accurately shown how badly we beat them. On both sides of the ball.

You can minimize our backups, or whether we can win 13 games. Or even diminish our victory over Dallas. But if this team can correct their miscues, and there is no reason to believe that a Rivera coached team won't do just that. This team can be very very dangerous.

I realize you have a certain reputation around here. But you should not have to throw shade just to make a point.

We'll down by 7 in the first quarter and down by 10 at the half.

And then it happens: Norv's system starts to kick in. Unpredictable combinations of runs/passes but starts churning out yards... we control the ball in the second half and Cam executes some 3/5/7 drops, his timing will spot on and our rushing finds room around the speed bumps of our own OL. 

The D is rested and gets 2 turnovers and with the ATL D gassed- Norv unleashes Air Newton in the 4th and it's done.

it will be a thing of beauty, we will be at 2-0 with a mostly second team OL. The Huddle will be as one (for 24 hours) and the rain will stop with clear sky's ahead.

Final   Panthers 31-20 

Storms draw something out of us that calm seas don't

Bill Hybels

36 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

We did not just beat Dallas. We spanked them. The score was not indicative of how thoroughly we beat them. We moved the ball well, and stopped them from doing so in pretty convincing fashion. If not for a couple of missteps. The score would have more accurately shown how badly we beat them. On both sides of the ball.

You can minimize our backups, or whether we can win 13 games. Or even diminish our victory over Dallas. But if this team can correct their miscues, and there is no reason to believe that a Rivera coached team won't do just that. This team can be very very dangerous.

I realize you have a certain reputation around here. But you should not have to throw shade just to make a point.

The National media ignored our performance and dwelled on how poor Dallas was. I think we showed in the dress rehearsal vs patriots and in the Dallas game total domination. Cmc is not a fumbler so if we don’t that mistake  we humiliate them 23 to 8. We corralled Elliot and moved the ball well. I dont see that changing vs falcons

Archived