• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Falcons predictions thread!

Jeremy Igo

Our offense last game don't inspire me to give good predictions and now with the injuries. We need a little more than Wright, Funchess and Torrey. DJ and Byrd would be out there too if I was Norv. I also would consider more CJ at RB and CMC in the slot, when we did that we got good results

Hopefully we can contain Julio and their passing offense and make it close to the end. We can pull it off if its 7 or less difference, but if we find ourselves trailing by 10 at any point in the 2nd half, we're going to lose

On 9/13/2018 at 9:37 AM, JakeDel5674 said:

Yeesh, that's not realism by any means on that last sentence. I know it hurts going from being completely gullible optimist to realistic, but we all have to make that leap sometime. Well, the smart ones do at least. 

How is 12 games not realistic? Won 11 last year with Greg out and other injuries, bs. Should be a 10-13 win team this year

I penciled this game in as one of our 4 losses for the year. But, I had expected ATL to be in better shape. I had also not expected our o-line to become even more injured. I'm moving this to the win column simply because lines working in front of Cam are automatically one grade better than working with a Matty or a Brees. Cam regularly turns 2-3 sacks per game into 3-10 yard running plays. Although a good line really does turn Cam into Superman, and I really, really wish we had one, I'm going to count on him to weather the current storm. Hopefully with some Norv tweaks. That's the story I'm going to tell myself, anyhow. 

Cats by 3-7.

I hearby adjust my season prediction to 13-3, with losses remaining to Steelers, Eagles, and Saints, all away games.

6 hours ago, Panthers8969 said:

How is 12 games not realistic? Won 11 last year with Greg out and other injuries, bs. Should be a 10-13 win team this year

Offensive Line was intact all of last year, we lost Norwell, and our secondary is possibly worse than last year. That's how you go from 11 wins to worse, sir. Quite an easy concept to grasp, honestly. 

2 hours ago, fortyrod said:

I penciled this game in as one of our 4 losses for the year. But, I had expected ATL to be in better shape. I had also not expected our o-line to become even more injured. I'm moving this to the win column simply because lines working in front of Cam are automatically one grade better than working with a Matty or a Brees. Cam regularly turns 2-3 sacks per game into 3-10 yard running plays. Although a good line really does turn Cam into Superman, and I really, really wish we had one, I'm going to count on him to weather the current storm. Hopefully with some Norv tweaks. That's the story I'm going to tell myself, anyhow. 

Cats by 3-7.

I hearby adjust my season prediction to 13-3, with losses remaining to Steelers, Eagles, and Saints, all away games.

Man you do realize our team is down to backups and people off the street pretty much. There is no way we get 13 wins lol, this is going to be a long season. We only beat Dallas because they suck and have no wrs.

19 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

We have a very different offensive coordinator this year 

19 hours ago, ladypanther said:

80% of the panthers Oline is different from last year, that's a lot for any OC or QB to overcome.  Samuel, Byrd and Olsen being out doesn't help either.

But, we'll know tomorrow, and I'll be back here either way.

2 hours ago, bull123 said:

Yes on OL...but Ryan Kalil was out most of LY so OL was not intact all of LY

We are absolutely better in secondary

Better on Defensive front and at receiver

Cam healthy and we are much better at RB

this years team is better than LY....without any doubt 

I would say to early to say we are better at secondary. Have a rookie and two old men at safety.

I would say front is better but wonder if Pep is going to do anything since he is older.

WR might be just a little better. As always Samuel and Bryd are out alot. Also no fan of Smith, paying 5 mil for one catch a game.

RB we got McCaffrey and we get CJ but they hardly are playing him.

So I don't really know if we are better. I would say worse because of all the oline issues. 

Archived