• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Falcons predictions thread!

Jeremy Igo

19 hours ago, Jackofalltrades said:

I will concede that Ryan is harder to rattle, but he’s much easier to catch and he won’t escape the sacks that Dak was able to escape. Our DL is also better than that of the Buccs and will be on a faster surface. 

Now to say Ryan is harder to rattle doesn’t mean that you can’t rattle him. After last weeks repeated efforts to force feed Julio you can be certain that will be a priority for us to stop. I doubt you run the ball very well, so you lose your top two weapons and have to go further down the progression chart which takes more time. 

6 sacks on a very mobile QB behind one of the better OL’s in the league will have Ryan’s attention from the first snap. 

Cowboys are not one of the better Olines in football. Had a rook at guard and their stud center was out.

18 hours ago, tondi said:

... but I'm thinking it will be because our defense steps up and gets Ryan flustered as they have in the past...

Last 3 games against the Panthers in Atlanta, Ryan is 

79 comp /112 atts / 1126 yards / 6 TDs /1 Int/ 117 QB rating. That's a 70% comp rate, and  10 YPA.

Have to go back 3 years to find a game where Ryan "got flustered", and that was 2014, when the whole team sucked.

I'll concede that, with Cam and CMC, panthers have a punchers chance even with a decimated Oline, but keep seeing that you guys will just get Ryan flustered and win, that hasn't happened in Atlanta for a long time.

3 minutes ago, Jackofalltrades said:

Still better than most groups in the NFL. You’re also missing two key defenders. 

Yeah I dont know what that due is talking about.  Cowboys OL is still pretty darn good and a lot of them I would take on the panthers easily. Our DL is just better. We had 6 sacks and if Dak wasn’t so mobile we could have had a couple more. 

2 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Last 3 games against the Panthers in Atlanta, Ryan is 

79 comp /112 atts / 1126 yards / 6 TDs /1 Int/ 117 QB rating. That's a 70% comp rate, and  10 YPA.

Have to go back 3 years to find a game where Ryan "got flustered", and that was 2014, when the whole team sucked.

I'll concede that, with Cam and CMC, panthers have a punchers chance even with a decimated Oline, but keep seeing that you guys will just get Ryan flustered and win, that hasn't happened in Atlanta for a long time.

No wonder you spend time on this board. Just spent a few minutes laughing my ass off as you were teaching half those fools on your board how to read a betting line. Great stuff. Keep up the good  yet hopeless work!

31 minutes ago, Jackofalltrades said:

Still better than most groups in the NFL. You’re also missing two key defenders. 

Naah, not with Frderick gone.

And you're missing Norwell, M Kalil, Williams and probably Turner from the Oline. Plus Olsen- That's 5 of the 11 starters on offense compared to last year.

Having all of these injuries on the oline I think will make for a long game for us. You have a guy that's been out all training camp that gets signed to our team and a guy that shouldn't even be playing and sitting at home on the couch. We have one one normal starter and that's Kalil. Cam will struggle just like we always do in Atlanta and after them coming off a hard loss I see Atlanta winning 27-13

16 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

We have a very different offensive coordinator this year 

28 to 3. 

Carolina Panthers offensive coordinator Norv Turner understands he needs to make adjustments to compensate for injuries on the front five and the tight end position groups.

The Panthers enter Week 2 without a pair of bookend tackles -- Matt Kalil and Daryl Williams -- and Greg Olsen is out indefinitely with a foot injury.

Turner, however, told reporters Wednesday via the team's official website that he believes "it will all sort out" and expressed confidence the Panthers would have no limitations in play-calling when the team takes the field to play the Atlanta Falcons.

The offensive coordinator then offered a reason as to why his unit will have the ability to quickly get into rhythm despite missing key starters.

"Cam Newton," offensive coordinator Norv Turner said, via the Charlotte Observer. "He hides a lot of things, a lot of deficiencies, and you can't ask him to carry everything. But we have talented guys. We have receivers who can run and catch, we have backs who can run and catch. We have tight ends who have multiple skills.

"We just, again, we have to take our guys and see where we match up against Atlanta and get the best matchups we can, and avoid the real bad matchups."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000961976/article/norv-turner-cam-can-hide-a-teams-deficiencies

Archived