• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Falcons predictions thread!

Jeremy Igo

Next man up on our OL gets it done.  I see Moton, Van Roten, Kalil, Larsen, and Clark only allowing 2 sacks of Cam, and plowing our run game to over 160 yds.  Armah and Funchess with rec'g TDs.

On the other side, last week's performance by our D will be proven to be no fluke, as we take down Ryan like the sissy girl he is -- 5 sacks, 2 strips, and 3 INTs, incl a pick 6 by Corn Elder, who replaces Munnerlyn at the half.

Crystal ball says...31-16, Panthers.  National press forced to acknowledge we are Top 6 team.

5 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Just because you keep repeating "Replacing 4-5 starterz" does not make it hold any more weight. That line has worked well since they got together. Just ask Dallas how bad they played.

This comes with the caveat that I wasn't able to watch the game, but did find a fairly complete set of highlights: I don't think our line played well against Dallas. Everyone struggled to block DeMarcus Lawrence, and our linemen really struggled to block their linebackers in space. This was true on outside runs and especially on screen passes. There were a couple screen passes in the highlights, and I didn't see a single successful block from a linemen on any of them.

But here's the thing: even with that level of play, we still had 4 red zone trips and 6 trips across the 50 in 8 drives before Amini Silatolu went in at RT (I don't think he'll play there against ATL). The Falcons without Deion Jones don't have the same speed at LB as Dallas, and they don't have a defensive end as good as Lawrence. Throw in the fact that these sorts of offensive line problems have basically been par for the course since Jordan Gross retired, and I think the offense should be fine.

48 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Turner has yet to be ruled out, and we have Larsen, and Mahon in the wings. I am not as worried about that RG spot as I am RT. 

We have had a week to plan, and scheme for this game. Sure, it will be a challenge. We have options, and we have good coaching.

Lol at my being in denial, just because I refuse to follow all you doom and gloomers. 

Lol. I'm not a doom and gloomer just because I'm skeptical we are gonna go down there and blow them out with a patchwork offensive line that looked horrendous at the end of last weeks game. I expect us to be competitive and possibly even prevail but I'm thinking it will be because our defense steps up and gets Ryan flustered as they have in the past, not because we're blowing them off the ball or Cam has all day to stand back there and pick them apart.   This will be a true test of Turners adaptability as we all know it would have been business as usual with Shula and the result wouldn't be pretty.  And I totally hope you're right, BTW. 

Both teams have critical injuries and significant starters out.  Atlanta's run defense is crippled.  Our O-line is on life support.  If Amini plays, it will be a liability mainly if Cam has to throw the ball further that 8 yards.  That will only happen if the run game doesn't work.  The run game should be effective, but the offense will still probably be limited.  I don't see us scoring more that 20-23 points.

On the other side, Atlanta can move the ball well between the 20s, but Ryan can be rattled and their red zone offense is crap. With ATL, they could gain 300 yards and still only score 14-16 points.

So, injuries cancel out.  Panthers carry a 17-14 lead into the 4th, go up 20-14 and manage to hold there.

Carolina 3  7  7  3  20

Atlanta   7  0  7  0  14

Maybe my heart is overruling my head, but that 6 point spread seems high. I would definitely take the points.

Will the Panthers win outright? If I am honest, I was not impressed by our offense last week. That game was much closer than it should have been. Dallas did not even cross midfield until the third quarter. Their first 3rd down conversion came în the same quarter... I think. The fact that they had the ball late with the ability to tie the game is both familiar and disappointing.

I watched much of the Atlanta game against the Eagles and the Falcons were not impressive. During the game they lost two all pro defensive players and perhaps their RB, which trumps the loss of the already injured Williams and Olsen. I think the Panthers can run on them even with a hobbled and cobbled together offensive line. I think this is especially true if CJ Anderson plays. I also think that Ian Thomas may be able to thrive against their linebackers on artificial turf.

There is always one prime key against the Falcons. That key is to get pressure on Ryan EARLY. He melts and falls prey to phantom pressure as the game proceeds, which often leads to key turnovers.

I choose to believe that the Panthers get it done with a 24- 17 victory.

Will be a close game that is decided and influenced by questionable officiating that will help the Falcons. After shitting on the Falcons for a week straight after their opener, the media will be back to sucking matt Ryan off and will once again label them kings of the NFC as they have righted the ship. LOL. Falcons 24 Panthers 20

Falcons 17, Panthers 10

I predict another ugly game that we just can't quite get reined in before the time runs out on us. I expect Julio to get open and beat us, but the Falcons to also struggle to get into the end zone. Our offense will suffer with the depleted line and Cam will once again have to hoist us onto his shoulders and try to win. 

Archived