• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Falcons predictions thread!

Jeremy Igo

I remember last year going to Foxborough after losing to the Saints 34-13.  Very few felt we would win, myself included.  We went on to beat the pats in their house.  fug Atlanta, their new fuging stadium and their pansie ass quarterback.  

Jackson will have his first NFL interception.  DJ-Moore will have his first impressive catch and  CMC will take one to the house.  We win by 2.

1 hour ago, falconidae said:

How? Counting Norwell, panthers are probably down 4 of 5 starters from last years playoff game. Losing Jones is a big for the falcons, but there's a really good chance that Cam can't take advantage of that because of the Oline.

33 minutes ago, falconidae said:

The left side has 2 starts between them and haven't played on the road yet.  The RT will be making his first start for the panthers,  Larsen only adds 15 starts, that's 17 starts [for the panthers] between 4 players. Be really surprised if the Oline plays well.

I know you are just trying to make yourself feel better about this week. But maybe you should ask that Dallas Dline, which is far superior than yours by the way, how bad our Olin is. Everyone averaged 5 yards a carry, and the 3 sacks they got were from that RT spot. If we can sheme around that RT position, our line can defiantly handle your Dline.

What you had better hope for? That we don't treat that matty guy like we did Dak. Cuz we both know that ryan will do some funny azz things when he gets rattled.

Carolina 31-atl 17. Cuz we are a pretty darn good team. And atl? Well...not so much.

A couple things: for all the talk about the injuries to our offensive line, the loss of Neal and Jones is more significant for the Falcons. They are two of Atlanta's best defenders and the two guys who match up best with CMC. The right side of our offensive line could be terrible in this game, but even with poor protection, Cam should have enough time to hit CMC on those short option routes. So if Atlanta doesn't have a guy who can match up with him in space, the offense should still be able to move the ball effectively. Without the speed of Neal and Jones, I could also see Atlanta struggling to defend the read option.

On the other side of the ball, since 2013, the Falcons have never scored more than 22 points against a fully healthy Panthers defense. The only person we're missing on that side of the ball is Thomas Davis, but there's hardly any drop-off going to Shaq Thompson. 24 points should be enough to take this game, and I think the Panthers get there:

Panthers 27

Falcons 17

39 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

I know you are just trying to make yourself feel better about this week. But maybe you should ask that Dallas Dline, which is far superior than yours by the way, how bad our Olin is. Everyone averaged 5 yards a carry, and the 3 sacks they got were from that RT spot. If we can sheme around that RT position, our line can defiantly handle your Dline.

What you had better hope for? That we don't treat that matty guy like we did Dak. Cuz we both know that ryan will do some funny azz things when he gets rattled.

Carolina 31-atl 17. Cuz we are a pretty darn good team. And atl? Well...not so much.

Our oline did play well until  Williams went out at which point the offense came to a grinding hall and that was WITH Turner who we won't have this week. . I can appreciate your optimism and I would love a repeat performance but there's no need for denial. 

37 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

You mean the Oline that changed completely when Williams went out?

Replacing 4 of 5 starters on the Oline isn't nearly as easy as you seem to think.

Much harder to rattle Ryan than Dak.

Panthers 24. Falcons 21

cam is calm. Almost too calm. Oline optimism with Moton and Van Rooten and Kalil should be over the flu (Sure, right).  FB and TE will makeup for that right side hot mess

Sanu,  not Jones, in the slot will tear Captain a new one with quick passes but the  rest of the defense will compensate 

Falcons looked awful  offensively last week and they are down two star defensive players 

what they have going for them are 4 days of rest and are at home 

this Panthers team has grit. It is there to be seen. Might as well have optimism 

we have Cam Newton AND Luke. That should be enough reason to be positive 

2 hours ago, theDIRTYcode2 said:

Hell I don't know....if the offense gets it's poo together, and the defense shows it can survive without Deebo and Keanu, I think we could win by 10. At the same time, I can see us losing by 10 or more. We've had some extra rest and time to work on things, so if we don't show improvement on offense this season could go down the shitter in a hurry. With the current shape of y'alls O-line, if we don't get to Cam then we are in really bad trouble. 

So.....27 - 17, teams to be determined. 

I feel like you could substitute a few key words and be talking about the Panthers. Lol. Could be a really good game. May the best team win with no serious injuries, and fug the Saints. 

44 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Replacing 4 of 5 starters on the Oline isn't nearly as easy as you seem to think.

I will concede that Ryan is harder to rattle, but he’s much easier to catch and he won’t escape the sacks that Dak was able to escape. Our DL is also better than that of the Buccs and will be on a faster surface. 

Now to say Ryan is harder to rattle doesn’t mean that you can’t rattle him. After last weeks repeated efforts to force feed Julio you can be certain that will be a priority for us to stop. I doubt you run the ball very well, so you lose your top two weapons and have to go further down the progression chart which takes more time. 

6 sacks on a very mobile QB behind one of the better OL’s in the league will have Ryan’s attention from the first snap. 

52 minutes ago, tondi said:

Our oline did play well until  Williams went out at which point the offense came to a grinding hall and that was WITH Turner who we won't have this week. . I can appreciate your optimism and I would love a repeat performance but there's no need for denial. 

Turner has yet to be ruled out, and we have Larsen, and Mahon in the wings. I am not as worried about that RG spot as I am RT. 

We have had a week to plan, and scheme for this game. Sure, it will be a challenge. We have options, and we have good coaching.

Lol at my being in denial, just because I refuse to follow all you doom and gloomers. 

52 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Just because you keep repeating "Replacing 4-5 starterz" does not make it hold any more weight. That line has worked well since they got together. Just ask Dallas how bad they played.

Losing Daryl will hurt. But we have options, and we have good coaching. As long as Amini is not in the plans, we have a chance.

matty absolutely can be rattled. And it is funny when it happens. He can do some amazing things. Like just fall down, or crap his pants. 

Archived