• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Falcons predictions thread!

Jeremy Igo

I don't expect a shootout. Our offensive line is a liability that will keep us from scoring regularly. Our defensive front will harass Matty and keep them from getting offensive momentum. But the Falcons don't need to drive down the length of the field on us. All Ryan needs to do is heave up a deep ball. And that can happen on first. Second. Third and 25. Doesn't matter.

The game will be decided by deep passes. If Julio is underneath it, we lose. If our safeties break it up, we win.

History has shown the former tends to be the case. But this time I'll hope for the latter.

Panthers - 13

Falcons - 10

I think this game will come down to Panthers run game, CMC, and 3rd down defense. The Falcons probably have the fastest defense in the NFL, but they are undersized. We have to wear them down. 

Next, CMC has to have the best game of his career with Deion Jones and Neal out, it's time to test their backups. Norv talked about finding the right matchups and exploiting that. 25 touches minimum for CMC. 

Defense has to be able to get off the field on 3rd down. If we cant disrupt Ryan's timing with his receivers and mix up our coverages, the game will be over by half and will just be playing catchup. 

Panthers 24

Falcons 20 

Falcons win, if the Panther Oline was healthy, I might feel differently, but compared to last years playoff game, Panther Oline will have 4 of 5 starters different. 

M Kalil, Nowell, R Kalil, Turner, Williams started against the Saints.

Norwell went in FA, both starting tackles are out, Turner is concussion protocol.

Reminds me of 2013-2014 for the Falcons. from 2012 to 2015, every Olineman  in front of Ryan changed at least 4 times.

Cam is good, but compensating for replacing 80% of his Oline good? Don't think any QB is that good.

10 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Falcons win, if the Panther Oline was healthy, I might feel differently, but compared to last years playoff game, Panther Oline will have 4 of 5 starters different. 

M Kalil, Nowell, R Kalil, Turner, Williams started against the Saints.

Norwell went in FA, both starting tackles are out, Turner is concussion protocol.

Reminds me of 2013-2014 for the Falcons. from 2012 to 2015, every Olineman  in front of Ryan changed at least 4 times.

Cam is good, but compensating for replacing 80% of his Oline good? Don't think any QB is that good.

The way Falcons have been playing gives an indication that they will have some problems on defense this game and Panthers may exploit that problem and take advantage of it. Offense is having some trouble also since Ryan seems to keep targeting Julio and that can lead to getting a loss if he can be contained and double or triple teamed which was seen in Eagles/Falcons game and that did not bode well for Falcons in that game.

Just now, rbsponsel52 said:

The way Falcons have been playing gives an indication that they will have some problems on defense this game and Panthers may exploit that problem and take advantage of it. Offense is having some trouble also since Ryan seems to keep targeting Julio and that can lead to getting a loss if he can be contained which was seen in Eagles/Falcons game.

Basing a lot off one game. Over his career,  Ryan has been good as spreading the ball around. Ryan missed a couple of red zone throws that would have changed the game completely. Throws he's made dozens of times before. He doesn't play well in Philly.

Don't think the Panthers front 7 is as good as the Eagles front 7, and they  falcons will be playing at home.

Ryan rarely has back to back bad games, fully expect him to bounce back this week. Also think that the panther offense is not going to be able to sustain drives and the defense will get worn down as the game goes on.

1 minute ago, falconidae said:

Basing a lot off one game. Over his career,  Ryan has been good as spreading the ball around. Ryan missed a couple of red zone throws that would have changed the game completely. Throws he's made dozens of times before. He doesn't play well in Philly.

Don't think the Panthers front 7 is as good as the Eagles front 7, and they  falcons will be playing at home.

Ryan rarely has back to back bad games, fully expect him to bounce back this week. Also think that the panther offense is not going to be able to sustain drives and the defense will get worn down as the game goes on.

I agree that time of possession is going to be more important to the Panthers this game. Cam did show a willingness to check-down, when necessary, so if he continues to do that and sustain some longer drives, I give the Panthers a better chance. However, if the Falcons control the time of possession, it could get ugly.

Archived