• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Moton a legitimate left tackle in the NFL?

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

You are so right but for some reason, he is Ron’s boy. I just do not understand it 

So we are all in agreement that Amini is not an NFL player. However is it really all Ron?  Does Norv or Matsko not have a say in who starts?  I would think Ron would be a lot more influenced by their tjoughts than when Shula was here. To me it appears that 4 people, including, Hurney are content with Amini starting. 

7 minutes ago, Raleigh PF said:

Wonder what Arizona would take for DJ Humphries? He could take over the LT spot and allow Moton to move to the right side. Humphries is young enough to stick around for a few years and help solidify the line.

Matt Kalil could fetch water for them when he returns. 

Too much for a player who has missed 30 of 48 games in his career. And they still have to remain committed to him because of the same lack of options we are facing. 

Moton's been very impressive, for his lack of experience.  In interviews, he's shown to be a reflective and intelligent young man, and he plays T with good technique - quick footwork, sustained balance and good pad level.  He and GVR have solidified the left side, pass protect well together, and on run plays, you see both of them sustaining their blocks well downfield.

I think we've found our next JGross.  No need to mess with that -- he's THE LT now.  Try Matt Kalil at RT, if he comes back at all.

Moton is exactly what I said we needed Matt Kalil and truly (sadly) all that Cam needs: average. He's middle of the road. And that's perfectly fine! Just like Oher. We just need someone who can do their job serviceably to give Cam time

I'll be interested to see how Moton does against speed rushers like Beasley and Tack this weekend, the ones that have notoriously been our kryptonite. 

I also want to point out that if Moton ends up becoming a LT that's a big get for Gettleman. I'm not saying we aren't better off without him but Gettleman gets crushed for the Bradberry draft. It looks like the next year was his best ever. 

I liked what I saw from his first game. On his penalties, he showed he would rather risk the holding call than get beat dead to rights and let Cam get taken down like Matt Kalil seems to always do. I'd rather a guy get penalized for doing everything he can to protect the quarterback than just be a large lump for DEs to run around/over. His holding penalties showed that at least he could get his hands on his guy. Sometimes Kalil won't even engage. 

Archived